Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I was reading about the Dishpointer App for Android phones in another thread on Satellite Guys and was wondering - can the app be used on an Android tablet as well? I have next to no experience with either. The requirements stated are:

Android OS 1.5 or later
camera
accelerometers (motion sensors)
digital hardware compass
internet connection available during activation

Many of the Android tablets I have been looking at appear to meet these requirements as they have Android Jellybean, a rear facing camera, accelerometer and compass. Has anybody every tried installing the app on an Android tablet? What were your results? Thanks!

Not tried on an android tablet, but should work if it has a rear camera.
If you email alan @ dishpointer.com he usually is pretty quick to reply.

Satellite AR works on Android phones and tablets. I use it on a Samsung S4 and a Nexus 10 tablet.. Best free app out there

===
Bill

Is Dishpointer still $20 for the App ?

Thats RIDICULOUS ...

I actually paid it once for my Smart Phone, unfortunately I got it thru the website not the Play Store ... then when I had to change Smart Phones, I was unable to transfer it and I wasn't gonna pay another 20 bucks.

Satellite AR works on Android phones and tablets. I use it on a Samsung S4 and a Nexus 10 tablet.. Best free app out there

===
Bill

I'm currently playing with the Sat AR app ... can't get the Compass to calibrate ...
I find the Dishpointer App to work much better so far.

The AR app shows the D* Sats by name, not the Sat position, I would like it better if it told you it was the 101 or 99 or whatnot Sat vs a name.

Thats RIDICULOUS ...

I actually paid it once for my Smart Phone, unfortunately I got it thru the website not the Play Store ... then when I had to change Smart Phones, I was unable to transfer it and I wasn't gonna pay another 20 bucks.

I did the same thing. I just emailed Alan and he fixed it for me pretty quick. :)

Thats RIDICULOUS ...

Contact Alan at dishpointer.com, he will deinstall/reset your App from the backend and you can then reinstall the Dishpro App on your latest phone.

I also prefer Dishpointer app.

If the tablet doesn't have GPS, you will need to input the install location. Not bad if you only use at one location. I have found that without GPS reference, the compass in many Android tablets are not very accurate. I would verify the findings with another compass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)