Dishpointer app

Its not a satellite meter, it lets you see if you have a clear view of the sky to see the satellites you need to receive.

I showed this program off to a number of DISH execs and they were really really impressed. :)

So if I set of a spot of my old dish and the put up a new dish at same spot will it work that way as a way to mark the spot

Scott Greczkowski said:
Its not a satellite meter, it lets you see if you have a clear view of the sky to see the satellites you need to receive.

I showed this program off to a number of DISH execs and they were really really impressed. :)

Our general manager at our DNS location is trying to get iphones for all the techs in our office thru dish paying for them since it makes confirming line of sight a breeze. Some of us in the office have been using DP app for sometime on our own. What used to take 45 minutes to prove a So-so line of sight to be bad, ( by setting up a temp mount), now takes less than 5.

Extra time to get more jobs in the ground faster.

One of the things DISH told me the would want to do is possibly get DISHPOINTER built into their new DISH Installer/Retailer App which they introduced at Team Summit.

The ability to instantly see where the best place to put the dish, without trying to guess is a BIG time and money saver!

Dishman1978 said:
Our general manager at our DNS location is trying to get iphones for all the techs in our office thru dish paying for them since it makes confirming line of sight a breeze. Some of us in the office have been using DP app for sometime on our own. What used to take 45 minutes to prove a So-so line of sight to be bad, ( by setting up a temp mount), now takes less than 5.

Extra time to get more jobs in the ground faster.

Yeah, good luck with that one. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Fwiw, I'm not a big fan of this app. It seems very dependent on the accuracy of the compass in the phone. When I first got it I was excited, but over time I have noticed it is off by 5 or more degrees. Most of my fellow installer feel the same. I have put in jobs the app said wouldn't work and I have not put in jobs it said would work. Nothing beats testing the dish on your knee first.

bweiteka said:
Fwiw, I'm not a big fan of this app. It seems very dependent on the accuracy of the compass in the phone. When I first got it I was excited, but over time I have noticed it is off by 5 or more degrees. Most of my fellow installer feel the same. I have put in jobs the app said wouldn't work and I have not put in jobs it said would work. Nothing beats testing the dish on your knee first.

Don't those lag bolts hurt being screwed into your knee? You are one tough cookie!!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts