DishPro DP34 Switch NC No Connection

dishtoad

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
I had a Dish500 setup with dual legacy LNBs on it. I want to add sat 121 so I eBayed for a Ku Band LNB (to install on my extra dish), DP34, and a DishPro LNBF (since the DP34 will only work with DishPro LNBFs). I am using two 301 irds.

When I swapped out the old legacy LNBs with the DishPro LNBF and added the DP34 switch (I haven't tried the sat 121 portion yet), After running the 'Check Switch' the receivers recognize the DP34 but say NC (No Connection) at all three ports (with and without the SuperDISH option checked). The receivers worked great with the legacy LNBs (using 2 SW21s).

Is my problem most likely that the DishPro LNBF I recieved is bad?

Will the reciever identify the DishPro LNBF even if it was not getting a signal?

Thanks much!
Dishtoad

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

One thing I can tell you is your ku band LNB is not DishPro so it definitely will not work.

I beliebe DishPro LNBs should be identified without a signal but am not sure. Hopefully some who knows for sure will let you know.

Thanks for the quick answer. I answered my own question (and it calls for a big "DUH"). I tried hooking the IRDs directly to the LNBF (bypassing DP34) and got no response. I need to request a replacement DishPro LNBF.

(oh yeah... After doing a bunch of research, I noticed what you pointed out: that the Ku LNB would not work.. At least it was cheap!)
-Dishtoad

Could find an superdish 105 lnb set on ebay, then remove the 105 from the rest of the encasement, and strap it onto the second dish.
Iv'e seen this done using a primestar dish before.

note: 121 probably won't work, as it's welded into the 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)