This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dishpro Legacy Adaptor Problem?

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I've got an old workhorse 4000 that is no longer receiving a signal. It appears that the Dishpro Legacy Adaptor may be the culprit. Is it possible to get any kind of signal to the 4000 by bypassing the adaptor, or any way to test to make sure it's the adapter that's bad and not the receiver? When I plug the cable into my 510 it locks on the signal fine with good strength. When it's plugged into the 4000 nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!
OrangeandBlue33

If you bypass the adapter the receiver might be able to lock odd transponders only. You may also need to bypass the switch if you have one. Best bet would be to try another legacy receiver if you can put your hands on one. That would tell you if its the receiver or the adapter.

THere have been a bit of trouble with the old DishPro Adapters. I try to stay away from them.

Yeah, by the time you're done screwing around with them, you'd be better off with a used 301.

Shameless plug: I've got a clean one for sale.

I dont know why they dont just ship off a refurb 301 or a 111. They could get the old legacy receiver back and resell it. It might not be worth the cost of shipping to them.

Based on the way I have things wired, I need a receiver that has RF remote capabilities. That doesn't give me a whole lot of options. Anyone know of a decent upgrade plan?

OrangeandBlue33

The Dish Network UHF Pro upgrade kit would work better and you get a new remote that comes with it. It also has a farther range (200 feet). The older kits only have a range of 100 feet.

There ya go, the best of both worlds. I got a 510 sealed in the box with a UHF remote for $125 + S&H but it has a $5 DVR fee (waived if you have AEP package). It has 90 hours vs. the 30 hours that the 501 would have.

Boy have these DVR's come down in price.