DishPro LNBF needed?

dwm30

Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
At my work we have had a 10 receiver headend up and going for the past year. We use Dish Network 311 receivers. However at random times some receivers would freeze, lose signal, etc. I would have to reset them. They are all on a rackmount UPS so it is not power.

We purchased a larger dish from Toner Cable to try and correct this problem. They sent a legacy DirecTV LNBF. The new dish is over a meter in size.

I can get a signal (118 strength) from 119 on an older 7000 series receiver but our 311 receivers cannot see the new dish at all.

Our system also uses 3 DP34's to connect all the receivers.

Do I need a Dish Network LNBF (ie DishPro LNBF) for our new dish for it to work with the 311 receivers?

It is or was my intent to use the 110 LNBF (DishPro dual) on the old Dish 500 to provide our input from satellite at 110. And just leave the 119 disconnected. Connect the 110 from the Dish 500 and the 119 from the large dish and connect them through the DP34's.

What do I need to do or get to be able to use the larger dish with the Dish 311 receivers and DP34 switches? We want both 110 and 119 satellites.

You have to have a DP Dual for the 119. A legacy LNB will NOT work with a DP34. If the 311s are rackmounted, I would say you may have an airflow problem. Seen this before in commercial installs. Putting a fan on the receivers fixed it. If any receiver is warm to the touch, it is too hot. If the larger dish is a D-Horn, get a DP Dual. Otherwise, you will have to replace it with a D-shaped arm dish.

The receivers are mounted vertically with about 4 inches in between them. They are all located in a climate controlled room.

"If the larger dish is a D-Horn, get a DP Dual. Otherwise, you will have to replace it with a D-shaped arm dish."???

How do I use a dual with the larger dish?
What is a D-shaped arm dish?

dwm30 said:
The receivers are mounted vertically with about 4 inches in between them. They are all located in a climate controlled room.

"If the larger dish is a D-Horn, get a DP Dual. Otherwise, you will have to replace it with a D-shaped arm dish."???

How do I use a dual with the larger dish?
What is a D-shaped arm dish?

A D-shaped arm allows you to use Dish Network lnbs. Dtv uses a rectangular type arm. Instead of changing out the arm on your dish you can purchase an I Adaptor from dishstore.net under their dish section. It's an adapter that fits onto your arm that will accept Dish Net lnbs.

mm1 said:
A D-shaped arm allows you to use Dish Network lnbs. Dtv uses a rectangular type arm. Instead of changing out the arm on your dish you can purchase an I Adaptor from dishstore.net under their dish section. It's an adapter that fits onto your arm that will accept Dish Net lnbs.
If you want to use the I adapter you need to precisely cut back the existing rectangular arm to maintain the focal point of the dish. The correct procedure would be to order a dish with the correct feed arm on it for a DISH "D" tube LNBF so the Dish Pro LNBF can be mounted on it. Have you talked to DISH technical support about the freezing you are probably looking in the wrong area for your problem, unless you have low signal strength to begin with. :)

boba said:
If you want to use the I adapter you need to precisely cut back the existing rectangular arm to maintain the focal point of the dish. The correct procedure would be to order a dish with the correct feed arm on it for a DISH "D" tube LNBF so the Dish Pro LNBF can be mounted on it. Have you talked to DISH technical support about the freezing you are probably looking in the wrong area for your problem, unless you have low signal strength to begin with. :)

You do not need an I adapter or any other adapter product. Microyal makes a DISHPro dual LNB with a standard rectangular head. You just need to track down a supplier for them. Go to their website, WWW.microyal.com and you should be able to track down a source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)