DishPro LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
I got a free Dish 500 with DishPro twin LNBF form a friend. Can I use it for any legal free channels? Do I need any additional items to get it work with Coolsat?
Everything west of 110° W is blocked for me. So I guess Nasa is out of my list! :(

If you can get a regular DBS LNB it would fit right on there and it would just be a case of setting the L.O. to 11250 (No internal switch or stacked LNB) Seems you will be stuck with GOL TV on 110w and the few audio channels on the E. VU satellites!

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I've got a question about superdish. Isn't one of the lnbs used for the 121/119 a linear and circular LNB in one? Can they be used with FTA equip? One of my neighbors has one he is willing to give the whole dish away and I thought about using it for music off the 91 and possiblly a stationary location for IA6 if the LNB can be used.

Sure can be used, Iceberg often comments that the linear LNB is the one right in the middle of a DishNotwork Superdish. Makes sense as the Linear satellites are usually a lot weaker than the Circular DBS signals!

scottc98 said:
Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I've got a question about superdish. Isn't one of the lnbs used for the 121/119 a linear and circular LNB in one? Can they be used with FTA equip? One of my neighbors has one he is willing to give the whole dish away and I thought about using it for music off the 91 and possiblly a stationary location for IA6 if the LNB can be used.

on the 121 SD it goes 110/119/121. The 105 SD is 105/110/119 (L to R from behind the dish)

You couldn't do 91/93 unless you turned the dish upside down. You could do 89/91 (if you are behind the dish, The 91 LNB would have to be to the right of the KU)

really?

Why not 91/93? For the 121 SD, wouldn't the 91 replace the 119 and the 93 replace the 121? If I can only do 89/91 w/o doing a flip to the dish, i guess thats fine too.

I figure that the equip is free and I might as well use it. :)

Just trying to figure out what combos I can do.

I haven't see it yet but I am starting to think now that it may be 105 SD simply being that columbus locals are on the 105 (per lyngsat). if so, isn't that going to kill my 91/89 or 93 deal?

scottc98 said:
really?

Why not 91/93? For the 121 SD, wouldn't the 91 replace the 119 and the 93 replace the 121? If I can only do 89/91 w/o doing a flip to the dish, i guess thats fine too.

I screwed up...you're right...it goes 121/119/110 (the 105 SD is right) so you could do 93/91/82

I figure that the equip is free and I might as well use it. :)

Just trying to figure out what combos I can do.
free is good.
You can use the FSS LNB for any KU and maybe the 110 LNB can be moved a little bit for something other than 93/91/82. The 121/119 I think are molded together

I haven't see it yet but I am starting to think now that it may be 105 SD simply being that columbus locals are on the 105 (per lyngsat). if so, isn't that going to kill my 91/89 or 93 deal?
If its 105/110/119 you are pretty limited with a combo. The FSS will work fine :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)