DishPro PLus 44 HELP!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ramimac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Las Vegas,NV
OK here is my setup

Dishpro Quad port 1 and 2 Connected to
Dishpro Plus 44 port 1 and port 2 respectively.

I Have a 811 510 508 301

Here is the problem

When i do NOT have the power inserter inline. ALL receivers see both 119 and 110 in that order.

When I Hook the power inserter inline. The receiver with the power inserter only sees 1 input 119 only. All other receivers see the swich fine.

HELP!!!

Be sure the power inserter is on the "port one out" line. That's a definite must, no exceptions.

Update to my problem

I just have one question?

on the power inserter the side that says "To Receiver Satalite in" is supposed to go to the reciever correct?

and the side on the power inserter that says "to switch input 1" is supposed to go to the switch right?

then why did the power inserter hooked to the receiver the correct way fry my 301?

You didn't mention that before, but I find it hard to believe.

About the only thing I can think of is that the inserter must be shorted directly to 120VAC. Got a meter?

The power inserter is the absolute LAST thing you do on your install. Having the power inserter plugged in prior to setting a receiver/plugging it in will generally cause it to "fry".

And yes, the above description concerning the direction of the power inserter you stated is correct.

It sounds to me that you may have inadvertantly caused some reciver damage, explaining the loss of 110.