DishPro plus installation

harini0301

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I am a novice, and had a question regarding upgrading my installation to DishPro Plus.

Currently my setup is legacy, with SW21 switches and a ground block. The LNBs connect to SW21 to a ground block and then to receivers. I would like to use the existing cables from the SW21 to the ground block. What do I need to replace the SW21 and the ground block? Some sort of connector? How can I extend cables in a DishProPlus install? Will there be signal loss?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

harini0301 said:
I am a novice, and had a question regarding upgrading my installation to DishPro Plus.

Currently my setup is legacy, with SW21 switches and a ground block. The LNBs connect to SW21 to a ground block and then to receivers. I would like to use the existing cables from the SW21 to the ground block. What do I need to replace the SW21 and the ground block? Some sort of connector? How can I extend cables in a DishProPlus install? Will there be signal loss?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

This is the DVR forum. Your question is not a DVR question. I'm sure a staff member will be along shortly to move it.

Well, no one moved it yet - but they should.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the question is.

Cable type for DP installs needs to be RG-6 rated to at least 2150MHz.

Generally speaking, it's a good idea to replace the cable when moving from Legacy to DP - only because it's probably old and weather-worn.

What kind of receiver(s) do you have? How many do you have? What kind of lnbs do you have?(dual, twin,quad?) What is prompting the switch from legacy to dishpro? What kind of reflector do you have,i.e. dish 300, dish 500?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)