DishPro Plus NOT compatible with PVR721

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hblatt

Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Los Angeles
I have a PVR721 and I recently moved. I called for a "free" installation. The installer came out but he was not able to mount the dish at my location due to landlord rules. I fabricated a sturdy clamp to secure the dish and got the receiver peaked with full signal strength. The installers left me with a single cable run from the DishPro Plus to a separator and ran the inputs to my PVR721. It does NOT work correctly. The PVR 721 only recognizes the switches as Generic_41 and will not operate correctly. The receiver crashes and resets frequently.

I called the Dish technical support and was told that the L175 HABD-N software will not recognize the DishPro Plus setup. Thye say a software upgrade was due LAST MONTH. Yet I am now stuck with a broken system.

Should I wait for the illusive L176 software upgrade... Or should I DOWNGRADE the DishPro Plus LNB to an older DishPro setup with twice the cable mess?

Doesn't work with the DPP Twin and separator yet. You can go with the DP Twin and a DP34 or DPP44 switch. With the DPP44 switch, you can have one cable with the separator to the 721 thus avoiding the extra cable.

The 721 IS compatible with DishPro Plus but, as boy921 said, currently only with the DPP44. There was some speculation that the L175 software added support for the DPP Twin but Larry and you have verified that it didn't.

It works, but it doesn't show the switch properly, and I don't recommend it. It could screw up recording and such. If it's only 1 receiver, use a DP Twin.

Edit: Just did a bug report to ATS. At first he couldn't find the info, but after filling it out, he did see something about the DP+Twin not working with the 721.....sounds like another CSR problem of bad info.....

That's a good question. However, since the DP34 was out a long time before the DP+44, they may not have any plans to update it to a DP+434. It would be nice for the 811/625/311 installs........

Are there any possible plans to faze out the DP34 and just stick to the DPP44? If there's a possible future in a 444, w/the DPP LNB, and a Dish 1000, is it too late in the game to start updating the DP34? Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts