need help...

tremblay96

Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Hello!

Here is my situation. I live in Montreal, Canada and I want to buy a dishnetwork system and pay for the service. I have an adress in the US, and a cell phone (prepaid) from the US as well. My question is if I buy the system, would I have to call from the US to properly setup my system, or I could just call Dish from my cell phone, and everything would be working fine?

If you have any suggestions, let me know!

tremblay96

Iceberg said:
as long as the cell phone is a US based number, you can call it from wherever you are :)

Thanks for the answer!

I also wanted to know if I go to RadioShack to buy the system, will they ask for ID?

If yes, then my best move would be to buy direct from Dish, and pickup the system at my US adress??

thank yOU!

tremblay96

If you go to Radio Shack, all they will do is sell you the DHA plan, which will have to be installed at your "residence"

If you go through Dish, they will do that too......they will install it at the US address.

Iceberg said:
If you go to Radio Shack, all they will do is sell you the DHA plan, which will have to be installed at your "residence"

If you go through Dish, they will do that too......they will install it at the US address.

What's a DHA plan???

tremblay96

okay, But I would still be able to leave with the box and install it myself, or will they absolutely want to ship the box to my adress???

Are you sure, Iceberg? I ask because last fall I went down to the States, Radio Shack sold me the 311 kit with the dish. I hooked it all up myself and called Dish to activate it. Or have they changed something since then?

FWIW- when I went down the guy at Radio Shack asked me for my address, but that was it; he didn't ask for ID. I gave him my US service address.

Radio shack doesnt sell equipment anymore...they are pawning the 522 and the 510

I tried to get a 311 about a month ago and tried numerous ones (there are about 10 within a 30 minute drive) and nobody had them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)