Dishpro superdish and FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which DBS LNB did you hook up? I have an extra Dishnetwork Dual LNB that's current not doing anything, I am going to have to get out the zip ties... Time to take that dish a step further... :D

Extra strength velcro works really well, too. That's how I keep my DBS lnb stuck to the side of my old DWAY lnb.

That's a thought.. This weekends projects:
Put hole in ground.
Plant Pole
Attach Motor and Dish to Pole
Re-acquire Clarke Belt!!
Sit back drink beer
Attach DBS LNB to Current LNB on movable dish..

Rick in MD said:
Which DBS LNB did you hook up? I have an extra Dishnetwork Dual LNB that's current not doing anything, I am going to have to get out the zip ties... Time to take that dish a step further... :D

an ol directv dual :)

Iceberg said:
I have a 30" dish with an old ExpressVu LNB hooked to my Dish500 Legacy Twin with a SW21

If that ain't a Legacy superdish....I don't know what is :)

Yes, Dish won't support hillbilly superdishes...but that is what we are for :D

I realize that you can use a legacy system with a standard fss ku lnb and make a system that is the equivalent of a SuperDish.

But when I say there is not a legacy superdish i am meaning one sold and or supported officially by Dishnetwork.

Hey Iceberg, what about using a lnbf holder number 12 on this page sadoun./Sat/Order/LNBFs
to hook a ku band lnb to a dishnetwork dish? I bought one to try and it fits real well, slides on the arm of the dish and fits my fortec lnb.
Has anyone tried it?
rdel

this?

Plastic-LNBF+Holder.jpg

I have one of these that the botom is broke (so I have to use duct tape :)

Thats the one iceberg, I bought one to play around with a dish 500 (just for fun)
I'll let you know how it works out. :)

fortec ultra lifetime winegard 31in dish fortec lnb

It fits perfectly on the arm running from the lnb to the dish, when I get it hooked up and pointed i'm going to try using my sat signal meter to adjust it forward and back to get the best reception. Any ideas?
thanks Iceberg
rdel

I kept it all the way back. Since a DBS LNB fits in the "d" slot, it was pretty easy to measure from point to LNB and match it :)

I'll give it a shot and send you and post a picture with the signal strength when I get it hooked up, my fortec will be here tomorrow and I have to setup my winegard 31 first. I changed my dish network quad legacy lnb to seperate units so I can tie into 119 for the free music channels. Once I get the other dish 500 up I'll have 3 dishes in a row facing different sats. (the neighbors will think I have gone crazy) lol
rdel

quick question, may be off topic though. I have a voom dish and a DP dual lnb that I need to attach to the end. I have an I bracket on its way. BUT do I need to cut the square arm down so that the lnb will have the correct focal point? or should it be "close enough"? thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.