Dish's lack of HD Claims

Really? Those of us in areas served by Comcast Sports Net West (Sacramento), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Madison Square Garden Network, Fox Sports New York, Fox Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Bay Area, Fox Sports Northwest, Comcast Sports Net Chicago, Fox Sports New England, Fox Sports North or Sports Net New York wouldn't know.

Only kidding bowens, just frustrated here.

Oh, I understand. It seems like if they struck a deal with Fox then they should have at least all of the FSNs right? I could understand them still trying to work out deals with some of the individually owned channels. I was just correcting RockyMt in saying that nothing had been added since the fall.

When DID CNN and Disney say they would be launching HD channels that would be available exclusively on D*? I do remember Disney announcing four or five channels and saying they had signed on with D* but I don't recall anything about them not being available to others. Did I miss something again?

I'm sure they will eventually be available to others but they are launching exclusive to D*.

ESPNews HD, ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, and Toon Disney HD will all be available by "early 2008", and will initially be exclusive to DirecTV subscribers.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31227/113/

Kid yourself, Direct may have an initial lock on them, but you can bet that won't last long. What station would miss out of another 20-30 million viewers or more by locking in 1 provider. Whats the exclusive part ? 24 hours, a week ?

Oh, I understand. It seems like if they struck a deal with Fox then they should have at least all of the FSNs right? I could understand them still trying to work out deals with some of the individually owned channels. I was just correcting RockyMt in saying that nothing had been added since the fall.

You know what - I forgot about the RSNs... maybe because Fox Rocky Mtn has had TWO GAMES in the first month it was on. It shows up on the programming guide, but its as if the wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead :)

I think it's a misconception, just like some think Chiller is a D* exclusive when it is not.

With as much money as D* spends on ads and keeping ppv sports, where does E* spend their money?

"ESPNews HD, ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, and Toon Disney HD will all be available by "early 2008", and will initially be exclusive to DirecTV subscribers.""

Dish and whoever else will be able to carry these channels as well not just Direct. Plus everyone must wait and see if these Channels ever go live 1st before anyone gets them. So for now it does not really matter.

Yeah it takes time for some of the networks to buy the hardware so forth they need to get setup for HD. Some just get their Networks setup quicker than others but until then it's just a waiting game for everyone.

The weather channel chief said that converting to all HD was like trying change the engine in a stock car while driving it around the track(at least I think thats what he said).

While Dish hasn't added channels since the fall (until tomorrow anyway), they have a lot of HD already. The problem with DirecTV's advertising campaign is that they have not delivered on anything as of yet. Its now five months since the big announcement at CES in January. I do think for this anyway, Echostar has been smart.

AND I really dislike those Major League Charlie Sheen commercials. Geez, its a what, 10 year old movie?

what are the new hd channel(s) that are being added tomorrow?

Yeah it takes time for some of the networks to buy the hardware so forth they need to get setup for HD. Some just get their Networks setup quicker than others but until then it's just a waiting game for everyone.

what about the network affliates who are already in HD with D* & TWC?

Like CLEVELAND?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)