DISH's new IPTV Service to be called...

As usual Charlie is" a day late and a dollar short "in regards to his deadline of "the end of the year" for NuTv. But maybe he was talking about the end of next year instead? Either way he is now behind the competition instead of leading .
Huh?

Dish World

wiki said:
in May 2012, Dish launched the service DishWorld on the Roku streaming player. This broadband service provides international programming to subscribers of the DishWorld service.
You can get Dishworld via Roku or Apps on TVs. Been around since 2012.

So is Directv's... well, more hispanic American population, but same general point.

My point was that this offering from Directv is not equivalent with NuTV.

Hate the name, love the idea of a lower cost, less channel service via internet. I saw that its going to be under $30 bucks. I assume that means $29.95. How many channels and when is the release?

If it is spelled with TV in upper case, "NuTV", people will say Nu TV. If it is all lower case like your example, which is what idiots think is trendy, most people will see Nut V, at first glance.

I don't care how they spell/capitalize it, it's Nut-5 to me!

According to USA Today:

"Dish Network plans to launch a subscription streaming service that company co-founder Charlie Ergen has described as targeting 18 to 35 year olds and skewing towards sports enthusiasts. Dish has secured Net TV rights from Disney, which could mean ESPN and its various channels."

I am definitely not interested in this product because I am not a TV sports fan and won't pay for any more of it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
According to USA Today:

"Dish Network plans to launch a subscription streaming service that company co-founder Charlie Ergen has described as targeting 18 to 35 year olds and skewing towards sports enthusiasts. Dish has secured Net TV rights from Disney, which could mean ESPN and its various channels."

I am definitely not interested in this product because I am not a TV sports fan and won't pay for any more of it.

I'm with you . IF it is sports related channels, I don't want it and sure don't want to pay more for it. I thought this service would be less sports and that is why it would stay around $30.00 a month. With sports stations included you can expect this service to go up every year ,just like DISH does. I so no real reason to even start this company if that is the case. It will be no more successful than DISH or DIRECTV is today. So NUT V might be the right way to call it now since you will have to be a real NUT to want to spend on this service.

Aren't we already paying for these sports channels?
I certainly thought we were. I don't see any reason why anyone would want this ott app if it is going to be another source of ever increasing prices. Sports are the one of the main reasons for the yearly price hikes any way. I really don't see any upside to this new service now.

I'm with you . IF it is sports related channels, I don't want it and sure don't want to pay more for it. I thought this service would be less sports and that is why it would stay around $30.00 a month. With sports stations included you can expect this service to go up every year ,just like DISH does. I so no real reason to even start this company if that is the case. It will be no more successful than DISH or DIRECTV is today. So NUT V might be the right way to call it now since you will have to be a real NUT to want to spend on this service.
This service is NOT designed for current Dish subscribers. It is designed for cord "nevers" and cord cutters who do NOT have any MVPD pay-TV service. These folks have been begging for access to ESPN (outside a traditional pay-TV service) because it is one of the few sports channels/content they can NOT get on-line, unless they have a Slingbox at a remote location, and most do NOT. NuTV is NOT for you and me.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts