Dish's non-customer help- too many Hoppers

slobob

Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
So I have a customer with three hoppers (1 owned- 2 leased) and 4 joeys. After a remodel on the house, we no longer need the joeys, but want to swap to wireless joeys in two areas (contractors forgot to run cable).
Dish says they can't "upgrade" to the wireless joeys as there are too many Hoppers. Options??

So I have a customer with three hoppers (1 owned- 2 leased) and 4 joeys. After a remodel on the house, we no longer need the joeys, but want to swap to wireless joeys in two areas (contractors forgot to run cable).
Dish says they can't "upgrade" to the wireless joeys as there are too many Hoppers. Options??
:jaw drop:

Contact DIRT.

And I'd forget to make full payment to the contractors.

So have the customer buy the wireless Joeys and or whatever equipment they need. Problem solved.

It's not dish networks problem to swap wired equipment to wireless equipment due to the fact the contractor forgot to run wires when it was easy to do so.

As far as the customer actually spending any money, they are obviously not going to pay the contractors for wires they ever ran. I think the contractor should be footing the bill here and the customer should only pay what the contractor was supposed to be paid.

Questions: (I don't have wireless Joeys.) Don't you need a wireless adapter for wireless Joeys? How many can co-exist in a multi-Hopper setup?

Questions: (I don't have wireless Joeys.) Don't you need a wireless adapter for wireless Joeys?

No, you don't need a wireless adapter. What you have to have is one Wireless Joey Access Point, which connects to the Hopper via ethernet. The Wireless Joeys then connect to the Wireless Joey Access Point. Each Access Point can connect up to three (I think) Wireless Joeys. Of course, this is also limited by the number of Wired Joeys already connected to the system. IIRC, the H1/H2 is limited to three Joeys (of any type) total, and I think the H3 is limited to six Joeys (of any type) total. Now...how all that plays into a multiple Hopper install, I'm not sure.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)