DISH’s Pocket-Sized HopperGO Lets Customers Take DVR on the Road
Release Date:
Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:04 am MDT
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • Now available to customers for $99; not subject to any monthly fees
  • 64 GB mobile video drive takes 100 hours of DVR recordings on the go
  • Creates its own private wireless cloud to support up to five tablets and smartphones via DISH Anywhere app; no Internet connection required
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH’s HopperGOTM, a revolutionary new personal mobile video drive, today debuted to customers nationwide for $99. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device gives customers the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing.

“HopperGO is the perfect summer travel companion for nearly anyone, whether you’re road tripping, at the airport or lounging on a beach,” said Vivek Khemka, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer. “It manages the burden of storage, so forget about deleting apps or pictures to free up space on your phone or tablet for video.”

HopperGO creates its own private wireless cloud that supports simultaneous viewing of different programs on up to five mobile devices via the DISH Anywhere app. It is compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, as well as Kindle tablets. Capable of up to four hours of streaming on a single charge, HopperGO can additionally be used while charging.

DISH customers can purchase a HopperGO by calling 1-800-333-DISH or visiting their nearest retailer.

About DISH

Reactions: AZ.
BRING YOUR DVR ON EVERY ADVENTURE WITH HOPPERGO
Summer is approaching, which means it’s time to get your travel plans in order. Whether you’re going camping, taking a road trip or hanging out at the beach, chances are you’ll have some time to kill. (Think long car rides, waiting at the airport or relaxing when you have some downtime on vacation.) While it would be great to bring your DVR along to keep you entertained on all of your adventures, you likely won’t be able to fit it in your suitcase.
http://www.dish.com/dig/news/bring-your-dvr-ore-with-hoppergo/

Is this available for Hopper 2's with Sling? I thought it was only going to work with Hopper 3. Good news for me if true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that like the app on my iPad, I won't be able to stream it to say an Apple TV so that I can watch it on a TV and not a mobile app. That or an HDMI output would make this more useful?

Is this available for Hopper 2's with Sling? I thought it was only going to work with Hopper 3. Good news for me if true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm told that the HopperGO will work with Hopper 2's only if they have the new Carbon User Interface.

PocketDish. I gather they worked great for SD receivers way back then. They were made by Archos.

Archos is what I was thinking of. I'd forgotten about PocketDish. We had the Archos branded unit. I said copy earlier but I think it was actually a move. Back in the days before tablets.

Reactions: TheKrell
Years ago there was a pocket sized gizmo with a screen you could copy Dish content to. It wasn't actually a Dish product. The name escapes me a the moment. My wife had one.
I had something similar made by "Archos" I actually still have it though it's kind of flaky - and VERY heavy by today's standards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)