Dish's RSN HD - lack of candor

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
The way Dish explained the regional sports networks not being 24/7 HD was Dish did not want to use HD bandwith on studio talk shows . But, all games that were produced in HD by your regional sports network would be shown on your Dish RSN HD channel. And all live games were shown in HD - until this year.

I have seen posts from folks in a few cities who were upset that their teams game was not in HD on thier RSN. I'm in the Chicago area and a few of the games on CSN Chicago were not shown in HD on Dish. ( This year CSN Chicago has all their games in HD.)

I have called and e-mailed Dish wanting to know why they are not showing my home team's game on my local RSN HD channel. I have recieved answers such as Dish does currenly have your local RSN in HD and we do not know when it will be added. ( For the record I believe Dish added CSN Chicago HD in Aug 2007) . Major League Basebase blackout rules requires we not show the game in HD. The game is not being sent to us in HD by CSN Chicago.

I knew all these reasons were bogus. I though Dish was making a mistake and they just forgot to throw the HD switch. Who could a reach at Dish Network to tell them the game should be in HD? Please someone turn on my RSN HD channel.

Finally, I got a straight answer from CSN. Dish has limitied HD capacity which sometimes prevents them from showing every regional sports networks game in HD.

Now, I'm not happy when a game I want to see is not in HD; but at least I know it is not a mistake on Dish's part and there is nothing I can do to get Dish to show the game in HD.

I think Dish is doing their customers a disservice by not giving the real reason some of the RSN games are not in HD. I understand Dish does not want to admit that the game is not in HD because they have HD capacity limitions. But, I rather hear that then untrue explanations that insults my intelligence.

I do not blame the CSRs. All they can do is pass on the resons/excuses that they are given by management. Dish excutives who appear on a tech forum and brag about adding 22 HD channels while failing to mention that they plan within a matter of hours to remove 15 HD channels are the people who keep their CSRs from giving out correct information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)