zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I found this article interesting:

Basically, Charter is going to be putting RSN's in another tier - $10 more to get the RSN's in a package - as a way to slow down cord-cutting. Only going to be available to new subscribers or those who want to swich.

Reason I put this here is that this is what Charlie wanted all along - to put the RSN's in their own package. You have to wonder if Bally Sports or whomever would try and get a deal with Dish like this in the future just to try and recoup some of their losses. If they agree to a-la-carte and doesn't tax every Dish subscriber, you would think Dish would have to consider it. The RSN's are in a lot more trouble than they were 4 years ago when Dish started dropping the then FOX Sports RSNs.

I found this article interesting:

Basically, Charter is going to be putting RSN's in another tier - $10 more to get the RSN's in a package - as a way to slow down cord-cutting. Only going to be available to new subscribers or those who want to swich.

Reason I put this here is that this is what Charlie wanted all along - to put the RSN's in their own package. You have to wonder if Bally Sports or whomever would try and get a deal with Dish like this in the future just to try and recoup some of their losses. If they agree to a-la-carte and doesn't tax every Dish subscriber, you would think Dish would have to consider it. The RSN's are in a lot more trouble than they were 4 years ago when Dish started dropping the then FOX Sports RSNs.
Wasn't this called AT120+ or similar. I remember it was $10 more than AT 120 and you got the RSN's, etc.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah I believe that was it, America's Top 120 Plus.
AT120 with the regional sports channels added on.
It was a long time ago so I'm not completely sure though.

Reactions: charlesrshell
RSNs were an add on to AT120 at AT120+ but AT200 and AT250 included RSNs.
Exactly.

To make the comparison as best I can to what Charter is doing and how it would look on Dish's core packages if they had it:

There would be 6 main packages - AT120, AT200, AT250, AT120+, AT200+, A250+.
AT120, 200, 250 would NOT have any RSNs or league owned networks (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL)
To get them, there would be a "+" add-on to give access to the RSN's and the league owned networks at any of the levels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts