Dishstore - can't buy receiver????

I thought the press "1" button was for American? :D

Just FYI I believe the DISHstore phone lines have been setup this way for about 2 years now, normally its not an issue but its that busy time of the year. Thanks for shopping DISHstore! :)

Biggest advantage is if you have a big home theater setup that you can hoook things up yourself instead of having someone come in and possibly mess your stuff up. :)

Through the years I have both leased and bought Dish equipment. I have never had a tech come to my home. I always do my own installs, replacements, and upgrades. Dish must have added some comments to my account, because it is no longer a fight for me to have Dish just send me equipment. But then, I also own all dishes, LNBFs, and switches. Presently I have two leased and two owned HD DVRs. One benefit with an owned DVR is that you can place it in an inactive status without having to send it back. I do that now for the unit in a guest room. With the added monthly receiver costs so high, I do not keep the DVR in the quest room active unless we will be having company. But I keep that DVR connected. Even though in an inactive state, it still shows all free preview channels, plus All-American-Direct channels.

I was trying to purchase a replacement remote. After being on hold for six minutes with the Dish Store I was connected to a CSR. When I explained what I wanted I was given another number which turned out to be Dish technical service. Not a good experience. In the future when I want to purchase hardware and want support I won't be dialing the Dish Store.

Jim

You could, of course, simply go to dishstore.net and order it online......

Search Results : DISHSTORE.NET

Through the years I have both leased and bought Dish equipment. I have never had a tech come to my home. I always do my own installs, replacements, and upgrades. Dish must have added some comments to my account, because it is no longer a fight for me to have Dish just send me equipment. But then, I also own all dishes, LNBFs, and switches. Presently I have two leased and two owned HD DVRs. One benefit with an owned DVR is that you can place it in an inactive status without having to send it back. I do that now for the unit in a guest room. With the added monthly receiver costs so high, I do not keep the DVR in the quest room active unless we will be having company. But I keep that DVR connected. Even though in an inactive state, it still shows all free preview channels, plus All-American-Direct channels.

OT question follows : Sorry for the highjack!!!

I've noticed others say this before and I am wondering what you mean by... "...With the added monthly receiver costs so high..." isn't it like $6.00??

OT question follows : Sorry for the highjack!!!

I've noticed others say this before and I am wondering what you mean by... "...With the added monthly receiver costs so high..." isn't it like $6.00??

where have you been since February?
Solo receivers $7.00 Example 211
solo dvr $10.00 example 510, 612
duo receivers $14.00 example 222. 222k, 322
duo dvr $17.00 example 522, 625, 622, 722, 722K, 922

We now return this thread back to topic.

^^^ That's funny I thought the national language was english, not american...:usa

Hmmmm... I wonder why I didn't have to take any classes in American when I was in school 50 years ago but I did need to take English. I don't see any different in schools today. There is NO American language just an American dialect of English.

You can't just order something in the USVI and be sure it will be shipped to you for a reasonable cost. You need to verify that the merchant will ship by Priority Mail. Parcel post can take 4 - 6 weeks and both UPS and FedEx consider this an international destination and it it not unusual to be charged $40 - $85 for shipping. Most vendors including Amazon will not ship electronics by any shipper to the USVI so it is very necessary to discuss shipping arrangements before placing an order.

Jim

Hmmmm... I wonder why I didn't have to take any classes in American when I was in school 50 years ago but I did need to take English. I don't see any different in schools today. There is NO American language just an American dialect of English.

unenlightened teacher?

dead horse beating time.

Put the boot in the trunk.
Put the trunk in the boot.

One of these makes sense to an English speaker, the other makes sense to an American speaker.

You can't just order something in the USVI and be sure it will be shipped to you for a reasonable cost. You need to verify that the merchant will ship by Priority Mail. Parcel post can take 4 - 6 weeks and both UPS and FedEx consider this an international destination and it it not unusual to be charged $40 - $85 for shipping. Most vendors including Amazon will not ship electronics by any shipper to the USVI so it is very necessary to discuss shipping arrangements before placing an order.

Jim

The problem with Alaska, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Hawaii and Canada is that most shippers are setup to print shipping labels with Fedex or UPS.

To do a priority mail package to one of those locations requires someone to manually create the shipping label and take the stuff over to the post office and wait in line.

Priority mail is really the best option cost wise.

Parcel Post is really not an option as it takes too long, and you usually have the customer bugging you every few days asking where their item is.

Canada, you either need to do UPS Standard, or send USPS Global Express mail. Us mail to Canadian Mail is horrible and can take upwards of 30 days.

In 2025:

Thank you for calling. For Spanish, press 1. For English, press 2. Or to continue in Mandarin Chinese, just stay on the line...........

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)