HELP!!! CONNECTING A DISH AND RECIEVER UP TO A CAMPER/RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dnicholson2626

Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
Nashville Tennessee
I just had Dish installed yesterday. They left me a Extra Dish (DISH 500),Tripod and cable wire to hook up to my camper. I have the dish hooked up to the Tripod and the cable comming straight from the dish to my box inside the camper. They told me I can take my 722 Duo Box and use it with my 500 Dish I just wont pick up HD. I only need standard when I cam anyway. I have the Box Plugged in the wall and the coax wire comming straight from the dish plugged in DISH 1. I have the tripod level and pointed to where the POINT DISH Menu shows. It keeps comming up Total Loss Signal. Is there a special way I have to hook it up in my camper????????? How do I hook it up to make it work. is there a setting or something I have todo???? I called dish put they could help me too much.......

Run a check switch test if you haven't (menu-6-1-1-check switch-test). Save the results when it comes back with the 836 warning, and post back here what it says. Also let us know what the device is listed as when the test is finished.

Save the results when it says there are fewer satellites connected. It should give you a screen that show CONN CONN for satellite whihc would mean it's connected properly. If you do not see the CONN's, it's not connected properly. The setup should be a single cable from the dish, to the receiver. Right before the cable connects to the receiver there should be a separator (which looks like a splitter) that splits the signal into satellite in 1 and 2. On the installation summary screen, also tell us what it says in the line next to switch.

Last edited:
Ok, Should I connect the Coax Cable to the 110 or 119? Also the only splitter I have that connects to the box says DISH Triplexer it has 1 input comming from the satellite and the the other side has 3 which reads and goes to SAT 1 - SAT 2- and the other port to connect the other TV through the duo. Would that work to use it or will I have to get another splitter? I had it connected straight from the sat to the back of the box in the sat 1 port.

It dosent mater as long as it is not in the lnb in port on the dish.there should be to inputs together use either of those.then just run the coax into the triplexer make sure you have signal and run check switch.

The 722 will say you are receiving less satellite because you were receiving three and the portable 500 receiver two it is fine

THE LNB is a Dish Pro Plus Twin...... It picked up a signal for about 1 minute and then it said The satellite input is not connected or hook up correctly from the satellite. I have the coax ran straight from the sat to the triplexer and in to Sat 1 and Sat 2. it should be working fine but now its just comming up about the input not being conected properly. The Skew and all that is set the way it needs to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)