Status
Please reply by conversation.

air88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Dish cable routing questions

Hi, all:

I am going to install my system next week. Some details I haven't decided. I need some suggestions, thanks in advance.

1. I am going to install the disk on top of my roof (other places are all blocked by my neighbor's house or trees). Can any people show me some pics of your nice installation on top of roof?

2. I found it is difficult to route the my dish cable to the place in my house where TV located. Right now my house cable system is used by Comcast Cable. So my questions is that if it is possible I combine (using some kind of switch) to one, and it is currently route into my house?

3. If the No2 is NO, any suggestions to route the dish cable into my house?

Thanks

Michael

Best to run a new cable (RG6) but a diplexer at each end of the cable can be used to combine then separate cable TV/Satellite TV depending on the cable frequency used in your area.(as long there are no other switches or splitters anywhere behind walls...)

Always best to run the cable to the home service grounding point (for grounding) then on to the TV location if at all possible. The shorter the cable run the better.

Hopefully the other members will post some pictures of their roof installs to give you some ideas.

Thanks, Peter, for your quick response. You are always helpful.

You remind me about grounding. Do you know any readings on web to show how to do grounding for dish cable?

regards,

Michael

I just find one instruction about the dish cable ground at:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Grounding.htm

Here is what I understand about the grounding, please let me know if I have any mistakes:

1. I use a cable with ground wire. The cable connects from LNB or motor to one side of ground connector. The ground wire connects to dish or dish supports.

2. I need one copper wire(#10?). One end of the copper wire connects to ground connector and other end of the copper wire connects to the central building ground.

Am I right?

Thanks for any response.

Michael

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts