Disney channel guide data?

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
California
Can someone else check this out? Not sure if its a CE problem, a guide data issue or something hosed on my boxes.

Disney channel guide data is totally wrong for me. For the last ~3 days whatever is recorded isnt what it says it is, and if I go to live tv and tune disney xd (292) whatever is on isnt at all what the guide data says its supposed to be.

I saw a few posts here and there about cartoon networks guide data being off this week, but nothing on this. So either its a specific issue to the CE/my box or nobody has noticed yet. Seems to have been very coincidental to the daylight savings change on sunday rather than the CE download on friday.

Aaron Stone "Stan by Me" shows up on mine 'til 10:30 at ch. 292. Naruto: Shippuden 'til 11PM. Then The Spectacular Spider-Man 'til 11:30PM. Anything specific to check?

Argh. I finally get around to asking about it, and its fixed itself. Was still screwy a few hours ago, but its now showing the correct show for whats on.

If anyone regularly records anything for the kids from some of the disney channels, specifically 292/dxdhd, check your recordings for the last few days.

Armchair - my boxes did take the time change fine. The glitching was limited to just the disney channels. I checked and my box system time and zip code and daylight savings settings were right on.

The mistake wasnt an hour or so either way either. I checked the tribune data at zap2it.com and the show that was on live tv on 292 wasnt within six hours +/- in the reported guide data.

Good news is that its my sons shows. He doesnt seem to mind tv show roulette. If it screwed up Dr. Oprahs View Of The Survivors Of Rachel Ray, or whatever the hell my wife watches, it'd have been a big problem. ;)

Screwy again today. Some stuff that recorded on 292 wasnt what it was supposed to be, but when I checked live tv it was playing the right show.

Weird.

This seems to have spread to the cartoon network as well. Had a number of shows from yesterday recorded but werent what they were supposed to be. Bakugan was Ben 10 Alien Force.

Disney recordings today are what they're supposed to be.

Still unsure if this is a guide data issue, the network airing the wrong show or the receiver recording the wrong show and labeling it wrong.

I see some other threads have started on other sites noting the same problem.

When I was looking at the guide last night for shows to record this morning, I did note that the shows that ended up not being what the guide said they were had generic descriptions of the show rather than real show info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)