Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey I was just flipping through the 101 when I noticed a movie that was on "minutemen" was coming from the Disney Channel HD, In full MPEG 4 hd. It had the Disney channel HD logo and all. So now that we know that the Disney channel is in fact producing and airing programs in HD. It cant be too far that we will see this channel launch on a perminate basis.. (speculation though) But I would say that the fact that the 101 is now airing Disney channel HD programming, I say its a very very good sign.

Last edited:
Yep, in line with the headsup from 3/07

While they can hardly count these towards the 100 they promised for this year, there is no doubt DirecTV knows that when you are making deals; think long term. Starting in early 2008 ESPNEWS HD will launch as a 24 hour HD simulcast of ESPNEWS when the new studio is complete and will be carried by DirecTV. DirecTV will also carry ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, and Toon Disney HD, also released sometime in 2008. These will be the first family oriented HD channels as well as the first 24 news channel to go HD assuming CNN or someone else doesn't beat them to it.

High School Musical 2 was one of the first Disney Channel movies that was aired on 101. It was aired in HD only about a week after the premier this past year.

Well, more great news no? More HD on our side :).
Come on Comedy central and the rest of the HBO/Cinemax channels in HD it be great.
BTW, I don't think this was ever asked before, will they have all the encore channels (Starz) in HD too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)