SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Reactions: ncted
Yup, and they're dealing with it.
*somehow*

Personally, I pay for the services I use and have other people borrowing it. This might make me think twice about them though. It'd be cheaper to buy the 4Ks at the rate they release the Marvel series.

I have no problem with them cracking down on password sharing. Why should twelve people across seven states pay the same for these services as I pay for my wife and me?

Reactions: savarese04
It'd be cheaper to buy the 4Ks at the rate they release the Marvel series.
Every major studio are making plans to get out of Physical Media, including who I work for, looking at about 4 years at the most, just not enough profit in it now, those few profits they make, get less and less every year.

Sony and the like no longer design new players, Best Buy dropped them from stores and studios have already pulled out of markets like Australia.

Now, everyone knows I love streaming, but I still buy discs, especially 4K Discs, they are superior to the transfers on Vudu, slighter better then Movies Anywhere ( higher bit rates).

I have no problem with them cracking down on password sharing. Why should twelve people across seven states pay the same for these services as I pay for my wife and me?
Every time I post that, II feel like the whole forum comes down on me ( look at the Netflix thread about this subject).

But people use the excuse of doing so because these are big time actors/corporations, they can afford it.

But no one understands how much goes into a production and how many work on it, including plenty that do not come close to what the main actors receive.

I was surprised how hard of an argument it was as a late Gen X'er to explain this to Gen Y'ers. I think Napster really normalized this sort of behavior among them. Though I know it isn't exclusive to younger people.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Every time I post that, II feel like the whole forum comes down on me ( look at the Netflix thread about this subject).

But people use the excuse of doing so because these are big time actors/corporations, they can afford it.

But no one understands how much goes into a production and how many work on it, including plenty that do not come close to what the main actors receive.
The complaint I see the most often is the "my kids at college" one. Which, ok fine, I get where they are coming from, except, when I was in college, I didn't get to share my parents' cable service. I had to pay for my own. Do I wish that hadn't been the case? Sure, but that isn't the way it worked then, and apparently not the way it is going to work now.

Reactions: meStevo
The complaint I see the most often is the "my kids at college" one. Which, ok fine, I get where they are coming from, except, when I was in college, I didn't get to share my parents' cable service. I had to pay for my own. Do I wish that hadn't been the case? Sure, but that isn't the way it worked then, and apparently not the way it is going to work now.
When I left the Army, my wife and I shared a Apartment that first year ( bought our first house the year later), while I was a freshman, she was already Teaching, so we had Cable ( all there was of course).

But when my son went in 2008, cable was still needed along with Broadband, daughter in 2013, she only had broadband, Netflix and YouTube ( and happy with that), but I did pay for the separate subscription.

I cannot remember if Cable/Broadband was included in her dorm, if so, she never hooked up the box.

also many services today give significant discounts when you sign up with or use a .edu address

Reactions: ncted and meStevo