Disney movies from the 60's / 70's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
We've talked about the cartoons and other shows that we miss or watched as kids but Disney movies have always been ones that I remember the most along with other films from the same time. Alot of the Disney films from what I can tell were filmed in California and surrounding states and that has always been something that fascinated me with the world it showed. To me the life and times of the region of California and other states that were filmed in out west at that time has always seemed to me to be the where I wanted to be. Maybe it was that the scenes were always sunny or it was the apeal of some of the desert scenes or scrub land ( Ive always been fascinated with semi desert regions ) and the cheesey special effects such as in Witch Mountain and Return to Wictch Mountain still to this day have me transfixed to the screen watching these films.

The Witch Mountain films were among my favorites; fun stuff. Loved the flying motor home - even though it was cheesy.

Or how about the Brady Bunch trips to the old west and the grand canyon. I swear when I first went to the canyon I thought about that episode. :)

I think it is funny that we all love what we watched as children but my child can't seem to stand to watch any of it. I loved Bewitched and have 5 seasons of it on dvd . HE could care less,and at 7 years of age he is already jaded about the special effects. HE said :"they just stopped the camera dad and then put it there and restarted the film." He also hates the Ultraman series I used to love as a kid. "Dad that is just a guy in a monster suit." Either we were easily pleased as children or this generation has surpased us with their vast wisdom at a much younger age. I like movies and he does too . That is about all we have in common. He likes video games and I can't stand them. I didn't get my first video game till I was 16 : PONG on Ataria . I really thought it was boring back then. Oh well I guess when you have 38 years difference between you that is to be expected.

Well, its kind of like the Star Wars movies; we loved the original trilogy; but when my 10 year old watches it, while he likes the story, he laughs at the special effects. They were cutting edge at the time, but today CGI changes everything.

These kids live with completely CGI shows, whether it is Jimmy Neutron, the second Star Wars trilogy, or to get back to the thread title, to Cars and Toy Story. :)

Speaking of sophistication, look at the difference in the ten or so years between "Toy Story" and "Cars". And "Ratatouille" is incredible. When Remy is running around, it's hard to remember that you're not watching a real rat.

I started collecting the Disney animated movies from my childhood on Laserdisc long before I was married and had a family. My son loved "Lady and the Tramp" when he was younger, but we always had to skip the part where Lady gets lost and is chased by the stray dogs.

just like B&W shows have been colorized one day these classic shows will be updated with CG stuff to appeal to a new audience.

I liked lost in space as a kid espically the early episodes as a adult i can see the special effects were pretty poor. but that was over 40 years ago.

someone will update those shows but I hope the originals are still available

I own the entire series of Lost in Space as it was my favorite show as a kid. In fact I watched two episodes today of the third and final season. I still love that show and I think it held up pretty well considering the campy Dr. Smith. But what would Lost in Space be without Dr. Smith and the bumbeling boobie : the robot?

Dont get me wrong I do like the special effects of todays films but theres something about the old films that made you imagin it through good directing and spot on acting that still does it for me.

I never really got into the half hour shows from the 60's and 70's though they were ok. The movies always stood out for me wether it was a Dirty Hairy film or a Disney flick though Disney did it well.

Aw cmon...... Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot wouldn't hook them in anymore?

snicker....

Although I am gonna break out my old VHS tapes of three seasons of Star Blazers to my 13 yr. old son soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)