Hope all our Twin cities SatGuys are ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Just saw the news about the bridge collapsing into the Mississippi in Minneapolis. I hope all our satelliteguys in that are are ok. Thoughts go out to the victims.

Just saw the news about the bridge collapsing into the Mississippi in Minneapolis. I hope all our satelliteguys in that are are ok. Thoughts go out to the victims.

I've gone over that stretch of bridge hundreds of times when I used to live in the Twin Cities. Now I live in Western Wisconsin. Our prayers go out to all those still trapped and worried about loved ones.

I am on the phone with Iceberg now, he is well.

He actually drove over that very bridge just a few moments before it went down.

I am glad he is ok. :)

Yes I am here....and alive :)

That is (pardon my language) just too f**king eerie. I'm watching it on local news now.

The bridge is just north of downtown Minneapolis and crosses the Mississippi river and is old...40+ years old

Here is where it gets eerie. I live and work south of there....way south of there. But I had to go help someone in St Paul and the easiest way to get to her house is 35W N through Mpls (and across the bridge)...and I crossed that bridge about 6:02ish....a few minutes before it collapsed :eek:

Lets just say after my mom, dad & grandma called me and said what happened I really didnt want to go over a bridge to get home...and I live on the south side of the Minnesota river...so I HAVE to cross a pretty big bridge to get home

this is just f-ed up...its on all the channels here....CNN is using WCCO (CBS)...including the sever weather we're gonna get :D and Fox News has KMSP Fox

I'm guessing the collapse is related to the construction that happened last night and was scheduled to continue tonight.

But I'm not a civil engineer so that's just my SWAG.

Cheers,

Yes I am here....and alive :)

That is (pardon my language) just too f**king eerie. I'm watching it on local news now.

The bridge is just north of downtown Minneapolis and crosses the Mississippi river and is old...40+ years old

Here is where it gets eerie. I live and work south of there....way south of there. But I had to go help someone in St Paul and the easiest way to get to her house is 35W N through Mpls (and across the bridge)...and I crossed that bridge about 6:02ish....a few minutes before it collapsed :eek:

Lets just say after my mom, dad & grandma called me and said what happened I really didnt want to go over a bridge to get home...and I live on the south side of the Minnesota river...so I HAVE to cross a pretty big bridge to get home

this is just f-ed up...its on all the channels here....CNN is using WCCO (CBS)...including the sever weather we're gonna get :D and Fox News has KMSP Fox

That's just too weird. I immediately thought of you when I heard - but said, ah heck, thats a big area, there is no way he was anywhere near that.

I also need to check on my co-author who lives in St. Paul. But she has been home recuperating from brain surgery, so hopefully she was nowhere near.

Glad you are ok 'Berg!

Thanks guys...like I say its eerie because I dont ever go to Minneapolis unless its to a Twins game but I had to help someone move some furniture.

Glad to hear you're safe, Iceberg, an extremely scary moment there.

Glad you're ok Iceberg! That's got to be eerie to know you crossed just before it collapsed. I've crossed it a few times to go fishing or for games and I think it's eerie enough.

This is going to wreak havoc on traffic especially during Twins and Vikings games.

Glad to hear you are ok Iceberg.....that is way to errie.

glad your ok, thertes a seconds to disaster show about bridge collapses.

having been really close to bad situations a few times it is wierd and scary.

once missed a armed robbery by a few minutes cause my brand new battery failed'

missed a shooting once, decided at last miute to let service call wait for tomorrow./ person shot the day i would of been there.

very memorable stopped in front of wilkinsburgh hs at noon, and rearraged stuff i was carrying, checked watch noon. next day at noon exactly a passerby shot to death at that spot, sheet covering body. I ditched the customer the area just too bad. drug deals everywhere.

enjoy life try do something good daily, cause tomorrow may never come

Wow, and at 3am I was watching a national geo show called "Collapse" about large structure collapses.

Glad we didnt loose anyone and hopefully there are no more than the three currently confirmed. Bet they blame it on shearing of the bolts linking the segments of the bridge together, when I was down in Mobile there was one of the bridges that crosses the bay that had lost sections into the water due to shearing of the bolts that had went unnoticed until Katrina came through.

actually 6 dead, 6 really injured and 38 with non threatening injuries...this is at 10 CDT

Its an old bridge...40 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)