pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Eagles Prepping New Studio Album, Tour
The Eagles

July 31, 2007, 10:30 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
The Eagles are planning to take flight with a long-awaited new album and a tour. Guitarist Joe Walsh tells Billboard.com that the album -- the Eagles' first full-length studio set since "The Long Run" in 1979 -- is "almost out. We're just finishing vocals and mixing it. We're all finally signing off on it."

Walsh says that all of the band members -- himself, Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Timothy B. Schmit -- wrote songs for the album, which he says "go in some really, really new, different directions. It's hard to compare to anything that I hear out there now." For his songs, however, Walsh "went rock'n’roll," including one "extended" track with "a middle full of guitar statement" and another that's "full-on rock'n'roll. I didn't want us to be too ballad-y here. We need some stuff we can play live, so I made sure there was that element in the record."

Walsh says the band, which took this year off the road to hunker down on the album, plans to tour extensively in 2008.

The guitarist is hardly sitting at home, however. Though he's put the James Gang on ice until he has more time to dedicate to it, he's playing 13 solo shows in the next month, beginning tonight (July 31) in Saratoga, Calif. Walsh has recruited a band of well-credentialed young players such as Gia Ciambotti (Bruce Springsteen, Lucinda Williams) and Drew Hester (Lisa Marie Presley, Foo Fighters), who he says "are really kicking me in the pants."

"I love the energy and the attitude of a younger band, especially on stage," Walsh says. "I'm less cautious and less ... professional, I guess. I just like to rock'n'roll, and they're making me want to do it more."

Walsh adds that he's jonesing a bit to do some solo recording again but, not surprisingly, says, "I don't think I would cancel being an Eagle and resurface with a solo career. I love being in the Eagles, and we're not really done yet."

When a legend like The Eagles goes on tour I am reminded of a comedy routine which is so true. I don't know who it was who did the routine but it was about things like this. He said something to the effect of"

"When I go see Bob Segar in Concert, I want to hear "Like a Rock" I don't care that he's done other music and that he's promoting a new album. I want to hear "like a Rock. I want the concert to start with it. I want to hear it in the middle of the concert and I want to hear it at the end. And when he does an encore, it better be "like a Rock"!"

The delivery sold the bit, but it is so true. When I go to see some one in concert, I don't give a hoot they have a new albumn. I want to hear what made me buy the ticket in the first place. For the Eagles that would be Take it Easy, Hotel California, The Long Rin, Seven Bridges Road, and all those songs they are tired of hearing themselves sing. In 15 year, when they have another new album (uh..yeah..), then maybe I will want to hear what they did in the album they are about to release. :)

See ya
Tony

When a legend like The Eagles goes on tour I am reminded of a comedy routine which is so true. I don't know who it was who did the routine but it was about things like this. He said something to the effect of"

"When I go see Bob Segar in Concert, I want to hear "Like a Rock" I don't care that he's done other music and that he's promoting a new album. I want to hear "like a Rock. I want the concert to start with it. I want to hear it in the middle of the concert and I want to hear it at the end. And when he does an encore, it better be "like a Rock"!"

The delivery sold the bit, but it is so true. When I go to see some one in concert, I don't give a hoot they have a new albumn. I want to hear what made me buy the ticket in the first place. For the Eagles that would be Take it Easy, Hotel California, The Long Rin, Seven Bridges Road, and all those songs they are tired of hearing themselves sing. In 15 year, when they have another new album (uh..yeah..), then maybe I will want to hear what they did in the album they are about to release. :)

See ya
Tony

Good point. It's funny though. Joe Walsh has a way of making new music sound like a classic from the get-go, if you know what I mean. He wrote or co-wrote most of their big rock hits. The more input he has, the better.

Anyone remember when he was with mothers finest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts