Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

Wow...
There was a time when satelite was much more expensive than others (cable).
Only people who could not get cable paid the higher price for satelite.
Then, as satelite subscriber base grew price dropped and compete with others (cable).

Now streaming is the new deal.
Low entry pricing to entice.
As people move to streaming, streaming prices rise above the market entry level.
As urban people leave satelite service,
The subscriber base moves back to rural people who cannot access streaming or cable and have no other option but pay the higher satelie price.

Wow...
Then, as satelite subscriber base grew price dropped and compete with others (cable).

As people move to streaming, streaming prices rise above the market entry level.
The subscriber base moves back to rural people who cannot access streaming or cable and have no other option but pay the higher satelie price.
well when i started with DTV in the 90's i was paying 29.99 for 150 channels. the PQ was sexy and the audio was amazing. it was cheaper than media one for cable at that time who cost more than dtv!!! LOL i was amazed at the dtv channel lineup at that time also LOL. oh yea i paid ussb the 7.95 for there basic channels as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat
They have always done this... And other providers do too... But Dish says all the right things... End of the day... Prices never go down (Usually up) and we keep losing channels while paying a higher amount
no pun intended here. but alot of people forget there's a thing called inflation:mad:... none of us like it but it is what it is.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There is also something called wage freeze and recession, neither of which keep dish from increasing prices
Agree!!! though dish has given out discounts after the first promo ran out as well as dtv also. my local cable co is spectrum and they won't budge on pricing once the promo's run out. they would rather see you leave the service..

Wow...

and something else i noticed. the more streaming services that are coming out the more there going up!!!

Wow, this Alabama/Arkansas game on YTTV looks way better than my Dish CBS channel. Crystal clear.
YTTV is in 1080P/Dolby Digital+ sound always.

I'm absolutely opposed to the pigs at ESPN and Disney, but I'm also opposed to Dish continuing to charge the same amount of money for less channels. (On the third hand, if I had my way, no utility or carrier would be allowed to operate at a profit anyway.)
Dish has to continue charges at the same rate because one of the demands that all programing providers include is that to renew coverage, they must get paid for even the time that programming is blocked. I hope Dish tells disney to put it where the sun does not shine (OH, they already do).

Wow, this Alabama/Arkansas game on YTTV looks way better than my Dish CBS channel. Crystal clear.
When my parents switched from DISH to YTTV last year, it was also my perception that the picture quality was overall better on YTTV. It's generally sharper and the colors look a bit purer and punchier than on DISH.

That said, be warned that it can vary quite a bit from channel to channel and from show to show. YTTV seems overly aggressive in terms of compressing the signal sometimes, especially on sports and other fast-moving content. A football game on ESPN recently looked pretty blocky and blurry to me. DirecTV Stream is reputed to have the best HD picture quality of them all.

I had Dish for a number of years, and went to Hulu Live for a couple of years. I’m back with Dish now and the only reason is that sports were terrible on Hulu. Any type of live action sports were in poor video quality. The use a frame rate of 60 which doesn’t help other than cutting their download data demands.

As a past long time Disneyland pass holder I’ve really grown to loathe Disney. Their current CEO, Bob Chapek, ran the parks and his mandate was cutting costs, which included employees and maintenance. I know employees who were very unhappy with working environment under him.

YTTV is in 1080P/Dolby Digital+ sound always.

Im at my GF’s today and she has 65” Sammy Plasma’s (they’re still AWESOME). I signed up for the YTTV offer and can’t tell a difference. It might be better on my newer TV’s but on these Plasma’s there isn’t any. It will be interesting to see what the programming looks like on my OLED’s and QLED’s. It won’t make me change from Dish even if the PQ is slightly better though. Don’t want to lose my Hopper’s.

Reactions: jannah
I am sorry everyone I did not intend to start a similar thread and did not see one had already been going strong on this topic!
I did exactly the same thing this morning, only with a reasonable title (like yours) and not one specific to ESPN. I just reported myself and asked to have the mods delete it. I think they did.

By the way, I think Mr. Random is a troll. If Scott agrees, then he's gone without us voting him off the island. ;)