Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

I did exactly the same thing this morning, only with a reasonable title (like yours) and not one specific to ESPN. I just reported myself and asked to have the mods delete it. I think they did.

By the way, I think Mr. Random is a troll. If Scott agrees, then he's gone without us voting him off the island. ;)

Don't you mean TigerWoodsLibido? I mean how can someone with a username like that possibly be a troll? :D

Well time to go on chat and demand compensation and hope they don’t notice I don’t have any of these lost channels.

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
Good morning, Scott, (probably afternoon for you ) I in haste did not see this thread when I started mine "Channels removed from Dish Network) I will let you decide if you can merge these? Or delete mine?

Looks like someone did it. (Thanks whoever did it!). I have been driving for most of the day (CT to NJ and back again) so didn’t see it. :)

Technically it IS possible for them to block their apps to certain Android devices.

But do I see them doing that if you are paying them directly? No. They want the income.
I was already a Disney+ Subscriber and have been streaming off the Plus last night and today. So yes no problem doing that! Look for special pricing and bundles

BTW I am hearing these is another company that is in talks with Disney to renew their contract and I am hearing they may walk as well.

Again this could be why it was mentioned on a number of sites that ESPN is looking to sell direct to the customer.

From memory ESPN alone was around $7 of your bill. Wonder if they wanted $8 or $9?

Honestly ESPN is not the sports powerhouse it was a few years ago.

Last edited:
I did exactly the same thing this morning, only with a reasonable title (like yours) and not one specific to ESPN. I just reported myself and asked to have the mods delete it. I think they did.

By the way, I think Mr. Random is a troll. If Scott agrees, then he's gone without us voting him off the island. ;)
I do not mind people's opinions so long as they are productive and not rude. Their statements were not productive and slightly rude.

I purchased the Disney+ package in the Disney web site. Used the same login info for all three apps. No problem with ESPN+ and Disney+, just Hulu. Thanks for their phone number. Will call them in a little bit.

BTW I am hearing these is another company that is in talks with Disney to renew their contract and I am hearing they may walk as well.

Again this could be why it was mentioned on a number of sites that ESPN is looking to sell direct to the customer.

From memory ESPN alone was around $7 of your bill. Wonder if they wanted $8 or $9?

Honestly ESPN is not the sports powerhouse it was a few years ago.
SNL Kagan estimated that for 2021 ESPN was going to pull in $8.97 per cable subscriber. I bet this contract had ESPN itself over $10 per subscriber, and all those channels combined were close to $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)