Disney sues Dish again

Absolutely! Dish hasn't changed a thing in this case. Starz is still a premium service, Charlie just gave a years subscription to some of us.

If this particular suit shows anything at all, it is that Disney is still one of the greediest companies out there. I suspect this will be a short lawsuit.

I agree. Dish has nothing to do with how Starz operates. Starz still has plenty of subs and I'm sure Starz is giving Disney their share.

This one is really absurd. In this case, Disney has a deal with Starz, Starz has a deal with Dish. If Disney isn't happy about the deal that Starz worked out with Dish, then they need to talk to Starz about it. How is this any different than the (insert premium channel here) FREE for 3 months that every provider in the country runs.

This all started when Starz cut a deal with Netflix a while back. Charlie says he told them they were going to cheapen the brand and it would cost Starz money since people would quit paying for a Starz premium subscription when it was cheap on Netflix and he said that is exactly what happened.

I'm guessing the one year free Starz promotion is being paid for by Starz in an effort to regain the premium service income they lost.

This all started when Starz cut a deal with Netflix a while back. Charlie says he told them they were going to cheapen the brand and it would cost Starz money since people would quit paying for a Starz premium subscription when it was cheap on Netflix and he said that is exactly what happened.

I'm guessing the one year free Starz promotion is being paid for by Starz in an effort to regain the premium service income they lost.

Excellent point, and why it is surprising Starz is not included in the suit. I noticed recently that Netflix is offering a Starz Play only steaming for $6.99, nearly half the cost of the real service, but with about all the movies available.

However, I'm sure Dish is at least splitting the cost. I doubt Starz is really losing money on the deal.

with "Starz" permission..
If you say so. I don't have access to the details of the deal, if any, between Dish and Starz. For all we know, Dish simply is paying the "bill" for us (at cost, not $11.99/mo or whatever Starz normally costs).

If you say so. I don't have access to the details of the deal, if any, between Dish and Starz. For all we know, Dish simply is paying the "bill" for us (at cost, not $11.99/mo or whatever Starz normally costs).
the argument is with Starz..they own the licenses not dish..starz would be suing dish if dish did not have permission

The big thing is that it is "at no cost to you" not free. It is costing someone. It is a gift for the thirtieth anniversary and I'm sure Charlie is footing the bill. Disney needs to lay off and take a breather. Their lawyers are going to burn out if they keep this up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts