hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Think this had to do with the Verizon deal

Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV Site

On June 7, 2005, the Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV Site launched in all SONY and SA (4200/8300) areas on channel 650. On Monday, September 19, 2005, the promotional period with Disney expired. A panel has been placed on channel 650 to inform customers.

hbk409 said:
Think this had to do with the Verizon deal

Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV Site

On June 7, 2005, the Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV Site launched in all SONY and SA (4200/8300) areas on channel 650. On Monday, September 19, 2005, the promotional period with Disney expired. A panel has been placed on channel 650 to inform customers.
What would this have to do with the verizon deal? Maybe is has to do with the fact that its the end of the summer travel season.

liquidnw said:
What would this have to do with the verizon deal? Maybe is has to do with the fact that its the end of the summer travel season.

because it wasnt supposed to be a limited time, all of a sudden they stopped they channel.

It was a temporary promo according to this.

On Tuesday, June 7, 2005, the Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV site was launched (see FC#468) and available as a temporary promotional channel available to iO digital customers with Sony or SA 4200/8300 converters on channel 650 until Monday, September 19, 2005.

I actually watched this channel once. Typical yappy and high energy come spend your money here and your kid will love you stuff.

I don't think space is a problem at all. Its Cablevision's seeming unwillingness to negotiate for new channels. How long have subs been asking for TMC? I want Discovery HD and the VOOM 21.

MergaTroy6 said:
It was a temporary promo according to this.

On Tuesday, June 7, 2005, the Walt Disney World Vacations Enhanced TV site was launched (see FC#468) and available as a temporary promotional channel available to iO digital customers with Sony or SA 4200/8300 converters on channel 650 until Monday, September 19, 2005.

I actually watched this channel once. Typical yappy and high energy come spend your money here and your kid will love you stuff.

I don't think space is a problem at all. Its Cablevision's seeming unwillingness to negotiate for new channels. How long have subs been asking for TMC? I want Discovery HD and the VOOM 21.

My point is if you go into field comm 468 it does not say anything about it being a temporary channel only after the fact it was stopped to they say it was temporary.

I do completely agree with you however that its not a bandwidth issue, about getting more channels. I believe its more a matter of getting someone in the programming dept that would be eager to add additional programming, instead of dragging their feet. Starz on Demand for instance is a channel cvc had when it first released iO, they used to give all the on demands free hbo,sho,max and starz. then once they started charging 4.95 for the demands they dropped starz because starz wants this channel included at no charge to their package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)