disque and direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Because of LOS issues I can't get better than 40% on 101 wit my dtv dish. I'd lke to use my FTA dish to watch 101 since that dish has no LOS issues with that sat. However the dtv receiver can't address a disque port..any way around this?

:hatsoff:

if i have it moved then i'll loose 119. the spot it is in now is the only place all 3 can be seen. i have alot of trees.

Before I went to all that trouble I would just run a new line from y quad port LNB and bypass the switch but I was hoping there was a receiver option available. Guess not though.

LordAlex said:
if i have it moved then i'll loose 119. the spot it is in now is the only place all 3 can be seen. i have alot of trees.
If you can't get adequate signal strength how can you say this is the only place you can get all three?:(

boba said:
If you can't get adequate signal strength how can you say this is the only place you can get all three?:(

Because when the pro installed it he checked all possible locations. He even mounted a roof mount in a different location before deciding on the current location.

Iceberg said:
a diseqc switch doesnt work with DirecTV. You need a 22k switch

I've never used one of those. Can it be used in place of the diseqc on my invacom?

Iceberg said:
yes. I used a 22k switch with a Invacom quad with no issues

Cool...so do I turn the disq ports off in the antenna setup on my pansat and turn the 22Khz on? Then both lines from the invacom will be seen by the pansat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)