Distant Hd's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steelersfan21

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Distant Hd Local Question?

I live in a DMA (youngstown) unserved by HD channels. OTA would be easy enough, but local FOX HD is not available. Could you get a distant FOX feed from Directv or a neighboring city such as Pittsburgh. Or would the best option just "move" to Cleveland or Pittsburgh, get their Local HD's, and get Youngstown's on OTA.

Last edited:
If it were me I would try to get FOX from LA or NY in HD from DirecTV first. I am in the same boat here with FOX myself. I had to apply for a waiver from my local FOX station to get the NY HD feed. They denied me the first time so I tried again. I got it the second time and am all set now. If they would have denied me again I probably would have "moved" to a more favorable location. "Moving" is a violation of your DirecTV contract if they find out about it.

It's really hard to say for sure. Like I said, they denied me the first time but granted me the second. All you can do is give it a shot...a few times if need be. They have 45 days to respond. If they don't respond you are automatically granted. If they deny you just re-apply like I did. The worst they can do is say no. Then you are left with that alternate option.

Can you ask Directv about these waivers before you sign up with them? It would stink to sign up and then get left out in the dry.

That's where it sucks. DirecTV can only request a waiver for current customers. They can tell you what is available to you automatically before you become one, but to find out if you will be denied or not you have to be a current customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)