Distant Locals?

drew2005

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
I have my locals as per the Digital Home Advantage promo. But I was wondering if even though I have my locals, if I still qualify to receive distant locals from New York and still keep my locals too? I am not reffering to the superstations, I am reffering to actual distant locals. I am in Oregon, and i'm looking at 110, 119, & 148. If I request a wavier (via online form) what happens and what are my chances of being accepted? If I am accepted, are the channels automatically added to my programming, or does it just add a note to my account saying i'm aloud to add those channels?

drew2005 said:
I have my locals as per the Digital Home Advantage promo. But I was wondering if even though I have my locals, if I still qualify to receive distant locals from New York and still keep my locals too? I am not reffering to the superstations, I am reffering to actual distant locals. I am in Oregon, and i'm looking at 110, 119, & 148. If I request a wavier (via online form) what happens and what are my chances of being accepted? If I am accepted, are the channels automatically added to my programming, or does it just add a note to my account saying i'm aloud to add those channels?

Depends on where in Oregon you are. In the Portland DMA both KOIN (CBS) and KGW (NBC) are very good about granting waivers, KATU (ABC and KPTV (FOX) are not. Good luck.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts