Distant Network Waivers

cpdretired

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 6, 2003
Lemont, Il.
I tried finding this information thru a Satellite Guys search with negative results. Here is my question. First I live in the City of Chicago. I have a dish 500 checking my account today I found that Dish will submit a waiver to receive distant networks.

I am given the option of selection New York, Atlanta or LA. The choices are the four major networks at a cost of $1.50 each per month. If I'm reading this correctly I could pick LA which would be great for the time shift.

WAIVER REQUEST
DISH Network will submit a waiver request to your local broadcasters requesting permission for DISH Network to deliver Distant Networks from 1 or 2 of the following cities.
Please select 1 or 2 of your preferred cities:

$1.50 each/mo.

New York, NY ABC NBC CBS FOX
Atlanta, GA ABC NBC CBS FOX
Los Angeles, CA ABC NBC CBS

if you can get them now get them. i know alot of people are reporting that they can no longer get them until the fcc does some final guidelines. i picked up the new york distants the day before the bill was signed.

If you're locals are offered by dish you can not get distants (don't need them anyways, so it makes sense) Dish updated their system 2 days ago, so it's already in effect.

I live in CT and receive both CT locals and LA locals. I'm hoping to keep the LA locals for the time difference and for the police chases on KTTV :clap . There have been times when I'd forget to watch a show on WVIT NBC 30, but still be able to flip over to KNBC a watch it there. I also had the Denver locals until the channels became a spotbeam.

craig9747 said:
I live in CT and receive both CT locals and LA locals. I'm hoping to keep the LA locals for the time difference and for the police chases on KTTV :clap . There have been times when I'd forget to watch a show on WVIT NBC 30, but still be able to flip over to KNBC a watch it there. I also had the Denver locals until the channels became a spotbeam.

Thanks Craig this answers my question. The reason I would like LA is for the time shift. When I had the BUD I sub to the west coast feeds. It was great if you missed someting earlier in the evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts