Distant networks affected by changing pkg?

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
A friend asked me the following question that I wasn't sure about.

He is on the edge of the Pittsburgh spotbeam, and the channels on transponder 10 are hairy, they are his UPN and WB channels. He is thinking about adding the superstations to get a consistant feed on those networks.

The problem is, he is now getting distants from Denver and L.A. The page for him to sign up for Superstations shows he is no longer qualifies for all 4 of the networks, only 2 (NBC and ABC I think). Also, Denver is no longer a choice for people adding distant networks.

His concern is that adding the superstation programming might result in Dish yanking distant Fox and CBS. Also he doesn't want to lose the Mountain time zone feed that Denver gives. Will they look at this? Or are they treated seperately?

thanks

I don't think there should be any problems. You lose your distants if you move...but not to add programming.

I had Denver Fox and added WPIX for WB and still had it(along with Mpls locals). When I moved to Duluth, I lost Denver Fox :(

The act of adding the Supers will not affect distant network status. However, every time a CSR opens your account, you run the risk that he/she will independently click a wrong button. If that happens, you can't recover your old distant network status.

It's likely that you can add the Supers without incident, but the chance of you accidentally losing distant networks as a result is non-zero.

Be aware also that if you have any grandfathered bundle pricing (locals + distant for $8.99 etc) you could loose the discount. The codes for that pricing are no longer available to the CSR's. :(

NightRyder

He is registered.
We were looking at the add screen for adding the SuperS.
The same screen shows your locals and distants, and it was there that it showed Fox and CBS no longer qualified for the address.
We weren't sure if adding the SuperS might or might not knock out the distant feeds from all 4 networks that are on the account now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)