Distant Networks

jheller81

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Alright,
I got approval from the New York network feed. Now does this mean I will get the HD feed from New York then, or will still only get SD. Cause on my account I can add up to two cities: Alanta, Chicago, Denver, New York, LA.

SD only, even though the FCC has given Dish the legal right to provide you both HD and SD, dish is not doing it.

dfergie said:
You will have to request the CBS HD(East) feed from NY separately and try for the CBSHD(LA) West feed also...( Have to go thru your local station Engineer to request...)

The regulations require you to request the waiver from your satellite company.

Tower Guy said:
The regulations require you to request the waiver from your satellite company.

No, the regulations require you to request the waiver from your local station. You can ask your satellite company to submit the waivers for you, but they are submitting them to you local affiliate. You can also request them directly from the station and fax a copy of the waiver (if granted) to Dish so they can add the channel for you.

Actually, Tower Guy is correct. As of 8 Dec 2004, the rules changed. They now specify going via your satellite provider rather than direct to the station. However, I recently went direct to a station and got an approval letter. Had to send it to Dish three times before they took action on it. And then they went ahead and submitted another automated waiver request to the same station--which was denied. It took the chief engineer at the station and some one at the Dish Executive Office getting involved to finally process my approval. A real pain! But at least I now have that network.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)