Distributing TV2 signal throughout house - Is it possible?

The house I am building for myself I am wiring 3 wires with a phone wire to each side of the room in most of the rooms in the house except a small bedroom that I never plan on having a multi-tuner satellite receiver in. It also does not hurt to have the extra wires because you never know.

Yes I did the same thing besides the RG6, I ran two phone lines to each room, too. Not really an issue with wireless phone systems now the norm and very affordable so they are not being used, at present. However this is a brick home on a slab and it it would take some effort to add in the future. My thinking was that maybe TV would be available though phone lines in the future. If this home had a basement or craw I may not have done all this planning and install since it would have been much easier to modify in the future. The way it worked out it was very cheap to do and became an investment in the future. Very happy with the results.

reply to your more questions

its kind of hard to explan but if you email me i can send a diagram. i am a Dish Network Field Service Technician. But waht you would be doing is called band stacking. will 1 coax coming from the tv1 (where the high def tv is) you would diplex the tv2 signal to the coax and only have 1 line going into your closet. in the closet you would have another diplexer and you would hook the vhf/uhf side of the diplexer into a main spitter and run your tv2's into the slitter. as long as you do not have real hardwood floors trough out the house you would not have to worry about the remote working. also buying more remotes can be bought through dish at about $50 per one or from radio shak at about $40 but other than that when the Tech omes to upgrade you he should not have any problem with what you are needing as long as you are going to have only the 622 and 1 other reciever. other wise he would have to run one more line from the dish to the closet and put in a multiswitch. in which case he would have to install a 44 switch.

thanks for all of the replies, however I still have a few questions. My current wiring setup consists of (2) coax cables that come from the outdoor satellite to my wiring closet. From this same wiring closet I have homeruns of 1 coax cable to each room. This is where I get confused. I currently use a female to female barrell to connect the 2 incoming coax from the sat to my 2 receivers. 1 goes to the 811 in the living room, the other barrel connects to the homerun to the bedroom to the 311. So what I dont understand is this: Since I only have 1 coax cable going from my living room back to my wiring closet where all of the other rooms cabling originates how will I get the signal from the TV2 output back to this wiring closet to distribute it? I'll need to use that single cable to my living room to carry the signal from the sat to the receiver, right? Is there some way that I can also use this same cable to carry the signal from the TV2 output back to the wiring closet? There is no way that I can install a second run of coax from this room all the way back to the wiring closet. Basically what I need to know is how I can use a dual tuner receiver and get the TV2 signal to another location in the house when there is only 1 single coax cable coming to the point of service of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts