Distribution Port in the Vip 622

clarknielsen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Idaho
Does anyone know if along with the two satellite tuners if the local channels received ota would also be distributed via the distribution port on the back of the receiver?

If you are talking about TV2 - the only way to do this is to start recording on TV1 then go to TV2 and playback what is being recorded. OTA will not appear in TV2's EPG.

However...

In dual mode, you can modulate both TV1 and TV2, and then on the distant/remote TV, you could watch TV1 Output and have everything, including live OTA.

Requires two considerations:
- The local TV (near the 622) will have to be setup to receive the modulated signal, maybe through the Antenna or Aux Input jacks. This is only so that the local TV could watch a different program (in SD) than the distant TV. :)confused: yet?)
- You will need an UHF/UHF PRO Remote configured for TV1 to control TV1 Output from the distant TV.

I guess I should clarify my question. I have my vip 622 receiver in dual mode. I have TV2 set to channel 92 and TV1 set to 90. I also have an off-air antenna connected to the back of the receiver and both tv1 and tv2 can receive the off-air antenna just fine. I have connected the distribution port to a video hub and run it through the rest of the house. Should I be able to get full antenna reception separate from tv1 and tv2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts