Ditching sling adapter

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
Can the Hopper use both IR and RF remotes at the same time?

Due to the unreliability of the Sling adapter (unresponsive, rebooting Hopper, generally not working) on my Hopper I am thinking of picking up a Vulkano Flow and ditching the sling adapter.

darrengs said:
Can the Hopper use both IR and RF remotes at the same time?

Due to the unreliability of the Sling adapter (unresponsive, rebooting Hopper, generally not working) on my Hopper I am thinking of picking up a Vulkano Flow and ditching the sling adapter.

I am using an older product of theirs called hava platinum with my hopper and love it

I turned on ir it worked perfectly when i moved it to the hopper from the 622

One thing you should know about the company is that they drop support for older products

Check out their support forum the hava line and see

My hava has been rock solid

I too have a Hava Platinum on my 722 and it's been rock solid. Does a pretty serviceable job of streaming at DVD resolution on my local LAN, and the Hava PC player has a RECORD button that works well. But updates have been non-existent for years. The Windows 7 client is still a beta, while the Mac and Android clients don't exist and never will.

I have an older Hava and the newer apps no longer work that is why I am thinking of the flow. Although it looks like they may not yet updated their app to work with IOS6.

The output is not truly HD, as per their site:
"Watch at home on iPads Tablets, and PC/MAC in near HD resolution"

Anyone here using a newer Monsoon product (the "Vulkano" line)?

Understand that the support for the HAVAs was dropped, but looking for feedback on the Vulkanos specifically with Dish. Do they bring up a picture of the Dish remote like Sling does?

I am NOT happy with Sling and their ditching of the desktop software. I hate the web interface. The 350 I bought last night may or may not stay.

I haven't been real happy with Sling either. Connection to it is pretty iffy.

I wish DISH would do something like DirecTV does with their Nomad. That would work great for me since I mainly want to watch some shows when I am at my lake house. I could just download them to a laptop and they would be there to watch for a set time period. When my contract is up I may have to look to move to DirecTV if Sling doesn't improve.