Software Upgrades

lynxville

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
wisconsin
I get a sw upgrade around the middle of each month, I am always hoping that a few glitches wil be fixed, but that's not happening. So what are the upgrades for? Next question is how long does it take engineers to make these fixes?

I am expecting a software update soon... but with that said on the Hopper the software team have been REALLY reactive to issues. There has been a few cases where new software has gone out one day then have a new update go out within a day or two after that to fix an issue that the other new software might have caused (or an issue the other software might not have fixed.)

I am REALLY impressed with how quickly we have been getting new update on the Hopper.

I am REALLY impressed with how quickly we have been getting new update on the Hopper.
That's true. They seem to really be putting a lot of effort in this one. OTOH, I would be even more impressed if they'd just fix the damn bugs, some of which have been around for more than 10 SW iterations.

They need to stop worrying about new features (after OTA and manual timers are implemented, which are basic features that should have been included from day one) and go through the code line by line to get it to work 100% correctly. Too many CE companies have forgotten how important that is. And, too many consumers seem perfectly willing to let them continue down that road.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Both are coming... but I won't say when... you guys HATE the S word. :D

Scott,

Any word on if or when S223 will be released beyond the employee testing pool?

No word. But I do know other betas have gone out since then. So I don't expect to see S223 to go out to customers, it will probably be something else like S224. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
No word. But I do know other betas have gone out since then. So I don't expect to see S223 to go out to customers, it will probably be something else like S224. :D

That's equally good to know. Better to have them patch problems before a general roll out rather than having to scramble after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have the Hopper S224 downloaded 10-12-2012 @ 10:32 PM and Joey S273 downloaded 10-13-2012 3:10 AM
I seem to be having problems with the record series and save series. These used to create a timer as New and Reruns and the save series only saves the one that is selected. It seems to be only doing a save not a save series.

They really need a cutting edge test program for sat guys customers. Something like you can download the testest on Friday nights

Both are coming... but I won't say when... you guys HATE the S word. :D

But (Official DISH Network Support Member) replied me that currently there are no plans to add manual timers to the Vip922 or the Hopper. Please, confirm because if they will not be added I may return my Hopper and replace it with a regular VIP DVR that I used to have and it was perfect as I have international package which never has an accurate EPG.

S223 is dead. S224 is the new software rolling out now, which hopefully will make it to everyone's receivers soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts