How can I prevent Joey from being left on accidently all day?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
We have a Joey in the kitchen and to turn on the TV + Joey we have to hit both power buttons on the remote... (which I think is normal)

However, sometimes the family only turns off the TV and doesn't turn off the Joey when they are finished watching it. This ties up a tuner and screws up recording schedules, etc.

I've found an option under "Upgrades" for "Inactivity Standby" and I've set it for 2 hours. Does that mean if nobody presses a button for two hours then the Joey will turn itself off? If so, can I lower that to something like a half hour?

Anybody have any other options to help me?

Timers will override live tv. Assuming somone is not watching the tv and cancel the warning about the channel us about to change. The inactive timeout is just for power savings set it how you want.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ahhh, that's good to know. I still wish I could automatically turn it off sooner than two hours though.

For example, suppose my Joey is watching TV (but it's inactive and somebody forgot to turn it off), and the Hopper is recording one program plus watching live TV.

All three tuners are in use.

A timer activates and needs a tuner. Will it prefer the Joey tuner? (I would hope so), or does it choose one at random?

No it will interrupt either the Joey tuner or the Hopper live TV tuner. Unfortunately there is no real way to control which live tuner is interrupted.

I am new to Dish and the hopper. Could someone please step me through how to get to the Inactivity Standby screen. I tried looking in the manual online at Dish but it wasn't clear and I have tried what I thought was every combination of buttons.
Thanks,
Donna in KC

I am new to Dish and the hopper. Could someone please step me through how to get to the Inactivity Standby screen. I tried looking in the manual online at Dish but it wasn't clear and I have tried what I thought was every combination of buttons.
Thanks,
Donna in KC

Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Updates...

I'm not at home right now, but I believe it's in the diagnostics screen... (which is strange)

EDIT: Ahhh, beaten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts