Division III guard scores 138 points in win!

Lot of folks calling it poor sportsmanship. A poll on espn whether this is good or bad for the game closed at 51% of the votes with bad. I can take it or leave it although that shot chart was insane.

If he didn't take a shot after halftime, would anyone say 'YOU'RE COOLING OFF A HOT HAND! THIS GUY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING SPECIAL!'

Whatever happened to a guy having a hot hand? I don't cool off a hot hand just to make some fuddy-duddy sportswriters happy who think you should never shoot and always pass to some schlum who'll miss, but it displays great sportsmanship!

That comes from Grinnells normal style of playing basketball. Tney just try to outscore you. Coach won't let this team pass more than twice in a possession, players enter the game in waves of 5 every 2 minutes or so. If the other team holds the ball, they foul, or let them make a layup. It's fun to play in and fun to watch.

This from Darren Rovell on Twitter:

Jack Taylor’s 138-point night was worth $2.27 million in media value for Grinnell College, according to @FRAnalytics

if you read his line he was 27 of 71 from 3 the line! so its sound like the fix was in to me and i hope both coaches get fired!

and at halftime this all map all, by the coach! i don't why these NBA players don't see right through this stunt by the coach, and if you see the video you never see him back on the other size of the court

The real story is the other team had a player score 70 points, which would of been impressive had this guy not scored 138. Its also a big story that the team that scored 104 points lost by 70+ points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts