Holiday Scheduling

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First off, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! I think the reason why I talk about holiday scheduling is that Im passionate about sports and sports does play a big part in my life, no matter what day it is. I do have a couple of questions.

How come there are college basketball games(men and women) on Thanksgiving Eve? I dont think there was any college football games on Thanksgiving Eve but how come there are games on Thanksgiving Eve and Day? Did you see how many tournaments they have over Thanksgiving Eve and Day?

Which begs the question how come they dont schedule anything on Christmas Eve? They do for Christmas Day, they have the NBA but not on Christmas Eve? Why is that? Whats the difference between Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve? Its still a major holiday to spend with family.

There are games the day after X-Mas so the teams are already there anyway. There still spending the holidays away from home if they have a game the day after X-Mas. I just never understood why sometimes theres an uproar about scheduling games on Christmas Eve, yet the teams are already away from there homes on Christmas Eve anyway.

The NBA is on Christmas Day, yet not on Christmas Eve. It seems like its always been that way with sports. Christmas Day gets the games not Christmas Eve. I dont see the difference. I think Christmas Eve/Day is just as big as Thanksgiving Eve/Day.

Thanksgiving Day had actual womens college basketball. They had one of those tournaments like the men are having now. I mean seriously, with all due respect, a womens tournament in Cancun on Thanksgiving Day, really?? And yet no NHL or nothing on Christmas Eve.

I mean I hope you dont think Im stubborn or anything and Im not trying to start arguments on here but to me, sometimes it just doesnt make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts