2012-2013 NCAA College Bowl Schedule

50 or below ?

Are you serious ?

October and November ...

The avg November temps in Northern Ohio is exactly 50 for the month of November from 1981 to 2010.. Sure it may flucuate up or down a bit here and there but you guys seem to want us to think you guys play in blizzard like freezes every game. The avg temp of FLA during that time is 80. Thats the difference of a short sleeve and a long sleeve shirt. Maybe a sweater if its windy.

The avg November temps in Northern Ohio is exactly 50 for the month of November from 1981 to 2010.. Sure it may flucuate up or down a bit here and there but you guys seem to want us to think you guys play in blizzard like freezes every game. The avg temp of FLA during that time is 80. Thats the difference of a short sleeve and a long sleeve shirt. Maybe a sweater if its windy.

Please, Mr. Weather man ...
Is that why I have to wear heavy clothes to work every day ?

Where DO you get your info ....

Lol, cant we confine this discussion to one thread or the other?

Personally, I'm tired of it.

Period.

We hash over the whole thing u=year after year, the same thing ...
How great your sec teams are and how poor everyone else is and how you HAVE to play in your warm weather and can't dare play anywere that you have to travel more than 100 miles.

and how you HAVE to play in your warm weather and can't dare play anywere that you have to travel more than 100 miles.

Jimbo, that one is all you, it certainly has not been argued by me, or any SEC fan unless I have missed it.

In any case, I am at least done with it in this thread. One is enough IMO. Carry on.

11 am central tomorrow it starts again. Plus 1 of the 2 games not on a mickey mouse affiliated network, the Sun Bowl at 1 central on CBS. Hoping GT comes out and puts a whooping on USC and they need to do it before Tulsa/ISU starts at 2:30

Tomorrow's Bowl Schedule: Monday, 31 December 2012

NC State (ACC) vs. Vanderbilt (SEC) ESPN/12:00 PM ET
USC (PAC-12) vs. Georgia Tech (ACC) CBS/2:00 PM ET
Iowa St. (Big-12) vs. Tulsa (C-USA) ESPN/3:30 PM ET
LSU (SEC) vs. Clemson (ACC) ESPN/7:30 PM ET

Do you guys think that NBCSN or CBSSN will get some bowl games in the near future? They need inventory and programming. CBSSN really has nothing as of yet and NBCSN would have at least hockey but there on strike.

One more thing. Some people talk about how there are too many bowls and it doesnt matter. What about that kid sitting on the bench crying at the end of the Alamo Bowl? For some, there respective bowl games mean a lot.

With all due respect to the kid crying at the Alamo Bowl, there are still far too many for it to be a meaningful reward for a season well played imo.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

One more thing. Some people talk about how there are too many bowls and it doesnt matter. What about that kid sitting on the bench crying at the end of the Alamo Bowl? For some, there respective bowl games mean a lot.

Conversely, get rid of all the cry babies and there will be fewer Bowl games. As Tom Hanks once said, "There's no crying in [strike]baseball[/strike] football." Regardless, 35 Bowl games is way too many (that's 70 teams). I would like to see Bowl Eligibility restricted to the Conference winner and runner-up.

I'd be crying if I lost to that Texas team.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be hard for any other networks to get the bowl game rights, since espn has exclusive negotiating windows. It sucks as I can't stand espn's coverage most of the time. I don't think Fox or CBS will be giving up their rights to the Cotton and Sun Bowls unless the money demands become outrageous. I think the Cotton and Sun Bowls like not having to compete with the other bowls for the prime broadcast slots on espn.

IMO ESPN doesn't really care about the ratings anymore or they would have more than one game on ABC. Yes ESPN's ratings have been pretty good for ESPN since moving all the big bowls to cable, but the total number of viewers is almost half of what it was on the broadcast nets.

Why would ESPN care about ratings? All of us suckers pay them nearly 4$ a month, they could care less if we watch or not. They get paid no matter what.

Why would ESPN care about ratings? All of us suckers pay them nearly 4$ a month, they could care less if we watch or not. They get paid no matter what.

That's my point.

Other than the NFL, the leagues and networks have become satisfied just bending over all the consumers. It's the flawed broadcast model in the US. Why get advertising to support these events when they can rape 80 million viewers nationwide for base package subscriber fees, when probably only 30 million actually watch the channel at any time throughout the year. The video providers know this and aren't going to let CBS or NBC get their sports channels into basic packages, so I don't see espn losing the rights because CBS,NBC and Fox are locked out of being able to fund a bid to the level that espn can.

This is why the NFL is so popular. It has remained on the broadcast networks. You've seen ratings and popularity declines for MLB, NHL, Nascar, PGA, etc.. since they moved the majority of their broadcasts to cable. The NCAAF regular season still has a lot of games on the broadcast nets each week, but the bowls have all moved to cable and viewership/popularity of those games have declined with that move. Until they price themselves out of the market, live attendance has remained up, but I can see that starting to decline in a few years just like NFL live attendance.

NASCAR can't really be listed in this discussion as thier Races are spread out among multiple channels.

ESPN, FOX, TBS and I might be missing 1 or 2 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts