Is the Big East Dead Yet??

Hello super conferences.Goodbye to the mid majors in football.They will have no chance.

Those seven schools have obviously done their homework:

Once the seven schools decide to move to a new league, they will keep their automatic berth in the NCAA tournament. NCAA rules state that as long as a group of seven universities have been in the same league for five years, they keep their bid after a move together.

Here's a novel idea. Why didnt or dont they leave everything alone? All you have now is confusion and what looks to be the end of mid majors.

Money is the main reason.

That said, if anyone thought the big east could continue in is mix of football only/basketball only/full membership configuration, well....., it was never sustainable. I'm honestly surprised it has lasted as long as it has.
Sent from my htc 8x using Board Express

This breakoff will give Notre Dame a new home if they don't like being a partial member of the ACC, or if the Ben Ten raids the ACC.

Now ND can tell the Big Ten to pound sand and just go to the Catholic B-Ball league if/when they bail on the ACC.

This breakoff will give Notre Dame a new home if they don't like being a partial member of the ACC, or if the Ben Ten raids the ACC.

Now ND can tell the Big Ten to pound sand and just go to the Catholic B-Ball league if/when they bail on the ACC.

ND has turned the Big Ten down for many , many years now ....

I'd be nice to see ND come knocking on the Big 10's door when thier conference dissolves ... not holding breath .... they've been fine on thier own till now, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I do think it will take some time for Uconn to establish new rivalries with different teams. Remember, patience is key. Who thought back in the mid-80s that Uconn would have rivalries in basketball with teams like Georgetown, Villanova etc.? Who knows what basketball rivalries will come up with the new teams?

As far as football, thats a bigger problem. I dont even know who's left for basketball or football. Who's left and can they get anybody for basketball,and especially football?

ND has turned the Big Ten down for many , many years now ....

I'd be nice to see ND come knocking on the Big 10's door when thier conference dissolves ... not holding breath .... they've been fine on thier own till now, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Besides sharing the same region and traditions, they would make an excellent addition to the Big Ten hockey conference. Shame it's not going to ever happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)