Is the Big East Dead Yet??

Big Ten is the only conference that makes sense...of course, given this Mega Conference trend lately...who knows? Anyway, I don't see Notre Dame's football program joining any conference given their television contract with NBC.

True like and don't see it either like.I said but any conference that would be an asset too :)

You can bet the other conferences are meeting as we speak.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

ND is not an asset to any conference unless they are all in with all sports.

I agree, they will probably try to have all sports EXCEPT football and get away with that, some day the conference is gonna say Sorry, all or nothing.
That will hap[pen when the conferences get large enough that ND can't refuse the money .

Big Ten is the only conference that makes sense...of course, given this Mega Conference trend lately...who knows? Anyway, I don't see Notre Dame's football program joining any conference given their television contract with NBC.

I think I read that the NBC contract runs thru 2016.

Thay would be better and better suited in SEC and have a rivalry in conference with Florida and others :)

I agree, its just I think the SEC is looking to expand tv market and they have Florida. North Carolina and Virginia Tech would be better SEC additions looking at TV $$$.

Looks like it will be confirmed FSU hired Pruitt from Alabama and Sunseri from Tenn. to be our defensive guys.

I would imagine that if Notre Dame entered a football conference for every sport including football, a unique exception would be negotiated for their television situation.

Florida and South Carolin will never let FSU or Clemson join the SEC, it is a huge recruiting advantage that neither will give up.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

They already recruit against each other, the bigger issue is needing new tv markets for more $$$$$$$$$$$$. The recruiting advantage for FSU vs Florida is noting because FSU has had top ranked classes the last 3 years. The coaches you have recruiting and the school matter.

The question is how far does the Big 10 want to go with the BTN. If the Big 10 wants to get BTN in Florida markets via FSU, then I'm sure the SEC would move to block that by inviting FSU. I think this is what FSU is waiting on. They have a standing offer from the Big 12 to come by themselves, but it's become a game of chicken to see who blinks first. Does FSU blink first and make a move or does someone else make a move that finally pushes FSU

The question is how far does the Big 10 want to go with the BTN. If the Big 10 wants to get BTN in Florida markets via FSU, then I'm sure the SEC would move to block that by inviting FSU. I think this is what FSU is waiting on. They have a standing offer from the Big 12 to come by themselves, but it's become a game of chicken to see who blinks first. Does FSU blink first and make a move or does someone else make a move that finally pushes FSU

Really ?

Thats the first I've heard of it.

Doesn't really matter with the way teams are allowed to come and go now days, they could move to the Big Ten and then the sec could come back and make an offer and they could leave the big ten and head to the sec, thus making the big ten a pawn for thier acceptance to the sec.

Really ?

Thats the first I've heard of it.

Doesn't really matter with the way teams are allowed to come and go now days, they could move to the Big Ten and then the sec could come back and make an offer and they could leave the big ten and head to the sec, thus making the big ten a pawn for thier acceptance to the sec.

An offer was communicated to FSU months ago that they would be welcome by themselves. It's my understanding at that time, they didn't want to move as like now things are still in flux.

It wouldn't make financial sense to agree to move and then back out and move again. They would be on the hook for some amount of exit fee from the acc if they left and then they would be on the hook for some more money if they wanted to leave before entering said new conference. Just like TCU had to pay the big east 5 million even though they never played a game and Boise and SDSU are on the hook if they change their minds before next season, unless the big east dissolves.

Florida and South Carolin will never let FSU or Clemson join the SEC, it is a huge recruiting advantage that neither will give up.
Yep, and Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and South Carolina have an agreement to block in state schools from joining the SEC (it takes 4 votes to block an entry).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)