DIY network missing from Top 120 Plus

beakerman

Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Minnesota
I've been recording and watching DIY network for a while. Love Holmes on Homes, House Crashers, etc.

Suddenly, Sunday to Monday time change, it's gone. WTF?

Hmm. Well that sucks. I wonder how many other channels I have lost due to "free preview".

None! They are a free preview, which means for a limited time you are allowed to watch certain channels that are not normally in the package you have chosen to purchase.

Well, we now know "Free Preview" works as designed. :D:D

Beakerman, most every month Dish has channels that are free for everyone so that you can see channels you don't get, and if you like them, go to the next package. Even HBO and other movie channels are free like that sometimes.

Free previews are intended to get you hooked and upgrade. Seems it did the former quite well...

Yes....eg...existing FP of cooking channel (113). Curse u Dish Network for putting this in FP. I have AT200 pkg...& now my wife is watching this channel quite a lot. I am in no mood to upgrade to AT250 & pay $10 more. Damm Dish...

Yes....eg...existing FP of cooking channel (113). Curse u Dish Network for putting this in FP. I have AT200 pkg...& now my wife is watching this channel quite a lot. I am in no mood to upgrade to AT250 & pay $10 more. Damm Dish...
How good a cook is your wife? Might be worth the extra $10.00 per month.;)

I have AT250 and neither I nor the wife watch the cooking channel. Neither of us are good cooks either. Go figure.

The easiest way I have found to solve this problem is make a Favorites List of the channels your supposed to be receiving in your package.Then these free preview channels won't be showing up there in the guide to tempt anyone,but if you want to check on your access to the free preview channels you are receiving for that month all you would have to do is select My Channels or All Channels to view them like Skinemax!.;):D

P.S.Just don't tell my better half!.:eek::D

There are a lot of shows available on the DIY network site. Get a Logitech revue and you can easily watch them on your TV, as long as you have a decent internet connection.

I'm also a DIY addict. I get so frustrated when the free preview of DIY ends...it's probably my favorite channel and definitely one of my top 10 channels. However, I don't want to pay the premium for the higher package, so I just enjoy the free previews. What ends up happening is that the month DIY is a free preview, my productivity plummets...it's horrible for me getting stuff done!

The next time the free preview comes on, I'm going to try to DVR the entire channel for the whole month! That should keep me occupied until it comes on again...it's weird that even some of the commercials on DIY are entertainment for me.

I'm also a DIY addict. I get so frustrated when the free preview of DIY ends...it's probably my favorite channel and definitely one of my top 10 channels. However, I don't want to pay the premium for the higher package, so I just enjoy the free previews. What ends up happening is that the month DIY is a free preview, my productivity plummets...it's horrible for me getting stuff done!

The next time the free preview comes on, I'm going to try to DVR the entire channel for the whole month! That should keep me occupied until it comes on again...it's weird that even some of the commercials on DIY are entertainment for me.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I have about 60 DIY bathroom renovation shows saved on my DVR. If only life were like TV. What takes 10 minutes on a DIY show seems to take me a month of weekends. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts