DLNA Server

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsipes1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere
Anybody have experience with the suggested DLNA servers (PlayOn, TVersity, Nero) and care to share some insight before I try to get one running (eventually through my hopper)?

Anybody have experience with the suggested DLNA servers (PlayOn, TVersity, Nero) and care to share some insight before I try to get one running (eventually through my hopper)?

Playon was not originally meant to serve your local files (but it does so now). It is designed to give access to many online services via DLNA. With Playon you can access Netflix, Amazon VOD, Hulu, Youtube, ESPN3, many of the networks' (broadcast and cable) online content, and many others.

Download and install, it's worth playing with and is a VERY simple install with a free trial period.

I use the free version of Tversity and it was very easy to get running. Just make sure you have it transcode all your videos so they will work on the Hopper, it took me a while to get that part working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)