DMX741 C/Ku lnbfs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will have to work some and figure out the correct settings for the Dreamboxes.
The Lof/L I thought should be 5150
the Lof/H I thought should be 5150 as well, but I am not sure that is correct.
The DMX is not a Backstacked unit, so only 1 L.O. needs to be entered: 5150

Thanks Lak

Lak, thanks for the reply I will give that a try and see if just changing the LOF/L will solve my issues. What's happening is when I connect directly to the LNBf from the Dreambox, I can scan the transponders, get a lock but it doesn't see any services. So I am not sure what's going on, could be an issue with my satellite.xml file or DB is just not happy with this LNBf type. They can be picky about diseqc switches and lnbf's. I have seen that with my Invacoms. It prefers the universal linear over a standard linear for some reasons. I may just have to use it on my Primstar dish and use my Fortec LNBf because I have never had an issue with that setup.

I will say over all I am very happy with the DMX 741 and today I plan on doing nothing but scanning in satellites on my Neusat. I love the Blind scan on that little receiver, I was very lucky to find that at a yard sale! Several people told me it was junk but I have to disagree it's an awesome FTA receiver. The blind scan seems to be far more sensitive than either Pansat I have. The 7020 is more sensitive on transponder scan but any time I setup a new dish or LNB I grab that Neusat and it with DMX 741 are a match made complete!

You was so right when you commented that the 741 was better set at True South. I had tried setting it on the low west side of the belt and That did not pan well at all. So I set it as close to my true south, Galaxy 17 that's about 4 sats off from my true south but It worked Very well. I was getting 76q's and 81q's on most sats on C-Band. And 65's on several KU sats!

Over all I am pretty happy with the purchase and really shouldn't complain but several changes would make it much better if the MFG will listen...

We'll always listen. Thanks for making the recommendations. To start out with, our new batch of LNBFs will have the instructions and warranty documents inside the package.

I wanted to thank you for purchasing a WS International product and I'm glad you are happy with the purchase. Thank you for your support. I appreciate it. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts