DN 301 Reciever + DTV Dish/LNB

Nutso

Original poster
May 2, 2009
West Michigan
I recently moved into an apartment with a Direct tv dish already installed. I bought a brand new Dish Network 301 receiver in hopes of getting the pre-paid service.

Does anyone know if this setup will work?

For most directv dish's you can only get one satellite to work, and then only if it has a older (legacy) lnb.

But if he got pre-paid and the basic package he could re-aim that dish to 119

unless its a community dish that is on the roof and cant be moved ;)

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a brand new 301 that came with a purple card.

The dish is a Phase III oval with 3 lnb's.

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a brand new 301 that came with a purple card.

The dish is a Phase III oval with 3 lnb's.

The LNBF assembly on that dish will not work.
You could take the LNBF assembly off that dish, and replace it with a Dish Network type LNBF holder and LNBFs.

Or you could just buy a Dish 500 with a DishPro Twin LNBF.

"an apartment with a Direct tv dish already installed"
I'll give one chance per 1000, there are no DTV subscribers in whole building and he could move the dish.

Most of the mainstream channels are on 119, but not all of them. As you'd be using the dish as a 300, the skew would be zero and aiming is about 10 degrees to the west than indicated. It will work aimed at 119, and looks as if it is aimed at 129. I did that for a few weeks when I moved into my house down here before my household goods arrived.

Miner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)